Tubeless Wheel Choice.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

bazman wrote:Ditch the wheelbarrow tyres mate , as that's all they are good for :evil:
That's what I thought baz, they've been fine for shoving it between the shed and the patio. :lol:

I was trying to tease out peoples opinions on the rims more than tyres though.

I know ScootRS ones had some bad press a while back but not heard anything since and there were concerns expressed about the way AF ones don't quite sit on the shoulders of the hub - again all gone quiet - so presuming both must be in use and generally problem free... :o
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
shaunmc
Main scooter: Lambretta GP200

The problems with Schwalbe's have been well documented over the last few years. I had a pair on a T5 for years and loved their handling and grip qualities, I just made sure i had the right tyre pressures in before a decent journey.
Then I bought a GP with them fitted and the rear one distorted in shape badly,mind it was at the end of its life, so replaced them with Dunlop Scootsmarts and have been really impressed with them.

I know a lot of people still use Schwalbe's so I guess it's about how confident you feel when flat out in the fast lane of the motorway. Just remember to constantly check for blebs and de - lamitation. Hope this helps, ride safe.
ArmandTanzarian

Scootsmarts seem pretty good.

Like you I'd like to know current thoughts on tubeless rims as my ScootRs rim got damaged and I'll be needing to replace them at some point.

What about SIP.?
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
rosscla

I'm discounting SIP for now since I think the chances of me getting the studs out intact are currently quite slim.

I did try heat and double nutting them before and they weren't shifting.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Scootrs ones are made from tinfoil. They bend so easily if you fit tyres with tyre levers.
ArmandTanzarian

10 inch Terror wrote:Scootrs ones are made from tinfoil. They bend so easily if you fit tyres with tyre levers.
Which is how mine was damaged :(
rosscla

Coming off or going on?
ArmandTanzarian

rosscla wrote:Coming off or going on?
Coming off.
lamblast

always cut the tires off tubeless rims its the only way .I use af rims with heidenau k61 tyres 93 mph rating made in Germany
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

rosscla wrote:Coming off or going on?
Going on.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information