Ideas please.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

storkfoot wrote:All a matter of opinions and I doubt any of the posters have experience of all the kits and options on offer. I have experience of 175 conversions, GT186 and Mugello 186. Of those 3, GT by a country mile.

Just thinking out loud, a GT186 , Mikuni TM24, and a generic Clubman (Scootopia?) or a standard GP200 exhaust would be a nice set up, all IMO of course.

I'd be tempted to try and run the TM24 (a responsive little carb ) through the airbox but would reserve the right to alter that if it didn't breath so well
GT186 with 25mm Dellorto through the air box, tried and tested
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Does the GT kit have a reed valve?
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

rainbowrunner wrote:as above, just fitted RT 195 running through standard air box, 25 mm carb and clubman exhaust, very impressed with it, only another 600 miles running in to do :(
hi rainbowrunner you dont have to run in like a iron barell a 100 miles hot and cold is all you need to do its just to bed rings in
grimspeed
Main scooter: gp 283 kx

I'm doing a cast barrel with rd 350 piston Atomic Large "RD 350 type " reed and scootopia pipe 26mm mikuni through a cut airbox !
Only using the larger reed cos I have one sat here or I would go for the smaller one !
i have a horrible feeling.things are going to go bang
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

10 inch Terror wrote:Does the GT kit have a reed valve?
Yes
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

I'm leaning towards the RT kit at present. I like the recessed head and 8 point head fixings. Plus they seem to be readily available.
Grant McLachlan
Main scooter: Indian GP RT 225

For what its worth to your quandary, I have been running an RT225 for about a year now. Excellent quality kit, I've been anything but gentle with it and its given me no bother at all, I run it with an open mouthed 28mm Dellorto and a JL exhaust with standard Indian GP200 gearing. Its pretty quick and is ample for what I want out of a Lambretta. Cylinder head is superb and the exhaust gasket moulds to the Exhaust stub manifold, the only engine set up I've had that the exhaust stub is dry ! The only down side I have encountered is clearance issues with the side panel when trying to fit a remote filter on a standard air bellows however I acknowledge that this may not be the case with other types of carburetor. I've recently finished building an RT195 for my next project, I've no personal experience of the 195's performance but given how its big brother performs I'm sure it will be a decent kit with the right carb and exhaust.
Meds
Main scooter: Li125s

A couple of the lads I ride with have GT 186's one in particular runs an PM keeps up with and betters my rapido 225 in most instances, both GT 's knocking out 18-19hp.
I have an RT195 kit with a 60/110 crank, MB clubman, so far it feels nice with a smooth power delivery but it's still over jetted and needs running in. I opted for the RT due to the price of the kit and crank from scooter centre Koln, also MB provide brilliant set up advice.
If I had the option to do it again I would go for a GT kit instead of the Rapido, Can't say about the RT kit yet.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

Has the ring peg issue on the small block RT kits been resolved?
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

Burnside wrote:Has the ring peg issue on the small block RT kits been resolved?

I've seen that on a couple of large block motors but not on a small block. Do you have any links to ring pin failures for the Rt195?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information