sil gp200

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
mickfeath.
Main scooter: lambretta super vijay 150

Hi, can anyone help ? I was taking my lambretta sil gp200 for a pre- mot spin when it just cut out and would not restart, there was no noise or anything, in fact i was stopped at a junction, I have looked at the spark plug and there is no spark. The bike has electronic ignition with 12v battery. Could anyone give me an idea, the engine is relatively new, only done 80 miles, the wiring seems ok. could anyone suggest where to start ?
essexgp
Main scooter: Indian Gp200 Indian Gp Cutdown

New plug, if that doesnt work remove green wire from CDi that goes to ignition switch, if that doesnt work, replace CDi and lastly try the stator plate

Thats what I would do and im sure others will add their own ideas :D :D :D :D
phil23fair
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 250 Special

If you have got an electrical multimeter measure the resistance between the white and green wires from the stator that connect to the CDI. It should read between 450 and 540 ohms but according to Sticky's manual could be as low as 380 ohms on an Indian stator. If it is less than that it is the LT coil on the stator plate that's gone.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Check the HT lead isn't loose or hasn't come off the CDI
sydduckett

essexgp wrote:New plug, if that doesnt work remove green wire from CDi that goes to ignition switch, if that doesnt work, replace CDi and lastly try the stator plate

Thats what I would do and im sure others will add their own ideas :D :D :D :D
I would agree with the above, this is the logical progression. If your lucky its the plug, if your like me it will be the stator
mickfeath.

Could it be the ht coil or the regulator, if so could anyone tell me where i could get them and which type to order ?
essexgp

mickfeath. wrote:Could it be the ht coil or the regulator, if so could anyone tell me where i could get them and which type to order ?
Its got electronic ignition so no HT coil, the CDi is sort of the electronic ignition version of that, the regulator is used for the lights, hope that helps
mickfeath.

so if the lights work, does that mean the regulator is ok ?
essexgp

mickfeath. wrote:so if the lights work, does that mean the regulator is ok ?
The lighting circuit is a separate coil on the stator so not really anything to do with the ignition side, all the regulator does is keep the voltage from the stator constant and supply a trickle charge to the battery

The easiest things to replace is the plug and CDi, dont just replace the CDi without the plug as the last time mine went it killed the plug too :shock:
mickfeath.

Cheers that is very useful information, i can't thank you enough. If it's ok with you i will fit the new cdi when it arrives and let you know via this site. It should be within the next week or so, thanks again, Mick.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information