GT240 Build

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

hendy wrote: 5% every time
5%??

He said Jehovah! Stone him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
eden
Dealer

its not quite that black and white though Dan,
I too use dyno's, gather the data, analyse that data, repeatedly test....As well as do the testing in the real world doing enough miles in differing conditions to be able to cross reference the dyno data to the real world data. Over the last 4 years all this has been on GT kits, including input towards its development. which lets be honest, GT is the back bone of this topic.
eden
Dealer

Some dyno data on the GT240 out the box kit published today. maybe interesting for the people that just pander to dyno data :)
https://www.scooterlab.uk/gran-turismo- ... t-feature/
drunkmunkey6969

eden wrote:its not quite that black and white though Dan,
I too use dyno's, gather the data, analyse that data, repeatedly test....As well as do the testing in the real world doing enough miles in differing conditions to be able to cross reference the dyno data to the real world data. Over the last 4 years all this has been on GT kits, including input towards its development. which lets be honest, GT is the back bone of this topic.
Well I can't fit all that in my original post ffs, let's just wait for ducksta, then we can all carry on...
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

my work colleague for last 4 years is rob owner of 3 scooters(the test rider ) of different configurations gt ts and monza puts thousands of miles in also as his scooter is his daily transport instead of car ownership that his mrs uses ,thats just 1 regular customer ,,,the beauty of having the views of many is you find the various riding styles that each customer prefers some love torque some love revs , some like grand tourers that deliver a bit of everything well many visitors test robs scooters/demonstrators almost, and further that feedback ,,after all ive never heard them say on family fortunes ,in a survey of 1.
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
joespeed

i was talking to you in whitby near the harbour,the youtube clips are you and your scooter,you are the stammering guy with the brummie accent?
just to be clear i'm not having a go at you if you choose the cast barrel and the 'road is my dyno' bit we have moved on the dyno is not b@11@x but a modern tool, great things are now appearing that you will not know on the road ,and testing will cost gallons and gallons of fuel and you are still no wiser as to an improvement,but if this is your prefered method then carry on ,
when rich t started this cast 200/225 cylinder i did ask why cast because of the heat/seizure issues he gave me a fair report back which didn't explain why all the other kits for the lambretta and the majority of japanese high performers are using alloy cylinders!
drunkmunkey6969

Darrell Taylor wrote:...after all ive never heard them say on family fortunes , in a survey of 1.
I'll just leave that there...
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
Darrell Taylor wrote:
ducksta wrote:Think I would trust the scooterist who travels 1000snds of miles every year over a dyno

1 or a 100 scooterists who use dyno services and provide collective feedback to a central hub over a 6 year term with year on year repeat testing and maintenance regime along with circuit and sprint data and intensive in house testing 12 months a year as a full time position ?

Well ducksta.... which is it? Looks like you have the deciding vote by virtue of your post.

One mans (high mileage, thoroughly ridden and well tested) feedback. Or 'a dyno' (read: a comprehensive collection of data, carefully analysed, repeatedly tested and regularly implemented by a craftsman in his well practised trade).

Just curious like.

The ether awaits with baited breath...(cue drum roll for Ducksta's post)
That drummer's arm must be getting tired ............
Rsport220

Somewhere in this thread the guy asked about Shiny Red Tuning near Stroud. I`ve been over there a number of times in the last year or so and I`m more than happy with the service. I like to balance a bit of road testing with some dyno runs which works for me anyway and the owner likes a good chat about 2 stroke tuning. Look up their youtube page and they`ve got many many dyno runs complete with graphs, gives a good idea of what to expect.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information