Scootopia Clubman/Big Bore opinions.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
ArKaTxU
Dealer
Main scooter: TV175 64-Jet200 68-Jet200 82

Ok, thanks!
victor
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)

I suspect they haven't developed this from scratch unlike BGM who put a considerable effort on to theirs and will give support and recommendations on fitting with various engine / carb configurations but probably copied something on the market...

Besides the shortcomings of bit having first hand support I wouldn't deal with scootopia regardless. They ripped me off on a return claiming it never arrived and I've heard plenty of negative comments on their support from elsewhere.

I would definitely go for the BGM big box or the avanti version but I suppose you get what you pay for on the end of the day; prices are low for a reason...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

That's hardly fair Victor. I wouldn't let sour grapes colour your opinion. If you've seen the exhausts you would know that they are very well made and priced very fairly for what they are.
shocky

victor wrote:I suspect they haven't developed this from scratch unlike BGM who put a considerable effort on to theirs and will give support and recommendations on fitting with various engine / carb configurations but probably copied something on the market...

Besides the shortcomings of bit having first hand support I wouldn't deal with scootopia regardless. They ripped me off on a return claiming it never arrived and I've heard plenty of negative comments on their support from elsewhere.

I would definitely go for the BGM big box or the avanti version but I suppose you get what you pay for on the end of the day; prices are low for a reason...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thats disappointing to hear but I suspect most dealers have there supporters and those who will never use them again , theres 2 who I wouldn't even give the steam from my pi ss but I know othets who spend 1000, s with them and I know they sell some quality products its generally there customer service attitude
! The latest one quoted £180 for a vhsa 30mm carb and £300 to set it up on a dyno dispite being a dyno operator for 25 years ...
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
immylam

had the same problem with a mugello and was cured with the swan neck although they should allow the mugello option when ordering. The exhausts are well made though I have to say that it didn't perform as well as the ancilloti clubman although that did snap at the mount due to it not fitting the muggy properly either.
immylam

wrong post - 2 exhaust topics a day is too much for me :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information