Scootopia Clubman/Big Bore opinions.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
ArKaTxU
Dealer
Main scooter: TV175 64-Jet200 68-Jet200 82

Hi.
What do you think about this exhaust?
There is not too much info about, dynos, reviews, comparisons,...
Thanks!
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I have one. Although, I haven't got around to fitting it yet. It's well made though, with some good metal. Basically the same as the Sito Ancillotti clubman I think.
gaz_powell

I've just revamped a mates motor and used one. Can't give you a performance comparison as the work involved alterations to top end plus a gearbox and sprocket change. What I can say is the build quality looked good, fit was good and it works great with the stage 4 tune and 26mm dellorto.
He's very happy with it.
Stampede
Main scooter: SX200

Fitted one about two weeks ago (unfortunately no chance for a test ride, still waiting for the painter) - fitting generelly is very good, quite easy. No tight spots of tolerances, etc. The only issue I had is one of the springs - the top one beneath the cylinder cowl sits very close to it / in my case it was touching the cowl. I had to bend the eye a little bit and to use a smaller spring to achieve a good fit here. If they would move the spring eyes to the side of the downtube instead of the top/bottom position, it would be a clear improvement.
ArKaTxU
Dealer
Main scooter: TV175 64-Jet200 68-Jet200 82

Thanks for your answers!
Seems that there are not too much exhaust in the street, or in the forum.
Cheers.
YAMLAM

i was recomended them by harry barlow for a mates 175 barrel.
win or lose have a booze
shocky

As doom says there very well made and were recently on offer for 110 quid
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
gaz_powell

Stampede - agree with you on the springs - I did the same and used a slimmer spring
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Scores over the Ancillotti in that it has a separate stub manifold making it 3 pieces, the Ancillotti is only 2 pieces. That and it being £50 - £60 cheaper.
BGM performs better but it's much more expensive [approx 50% more .... £120 to £180]
shocky

ArKaTxU wrote:Hi.
What do you think about this exhaust?
There is not too much info about, dynos, reviews, comparisons,...
Thanks!
like most things it depands what you want or need from an exhaust if you have a high end kit and want to extract the last conceivable gram of power out of it without using a proper expansion pipe then the bgm will be the pipe for you (or a RS clubman ) if you have a more conservative set up then the scootopia one will fill 95 % of your needs , I doubt a back to back test with new exhausts would show much difference on the road and if it did it would probably be at the top end which isnt were you spend most of your time
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information