25mm phbl fitting advice

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Suede Ed
Main scooter: SIL GP200

Just fitted a casa 185,...now for the carb, 25mm phbl. Should i re route the throttle cable to the same side as the gear cables, then thru the gap between toolbox and airbox? Anyone got a picture of their set up please?
Thanks chaps
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

The throttle cable should be routed exactly the same way as the original.
Lamaddict

I put the throttle cable in the original way for a PHBL 25 but the air box was in the way, so I took it out. Getting the 25 in with the air box in seems a bit too tight for me but maybe I'm missing something.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Lamaddict wrote:I put the throttle cable in the original way for a PHBL 25 but the air box was in the way, so I took it out. Getting the 25 in with the air box in seems a bit too tight for me but maybe I'm missing something.
We've just fitted a PHBH 28 with the air box, I found I needed a right angled cable adapter (less than a tenner from Rayspeed) it makes for a nice compact job. Of course you can get a "snake head" carb top to give you even more clearance if needed.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Lamaddict wrote:I put the throttle cable in the original way for a PHBL 25 but the air box was in the way, so I took it out. Getting the 25 in with the air box in seems a bit too tight for me but maybe I'm missing something.
A phbl 25 is designed to run through the airbox,you can also put a 90 degree solid bend on the throttle cable,but it will fit just as well with the cable straight in through the top of the carb.https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=image ... OaOnYZoMHM:
Suede Ed
Main scooter: SIL GP200

Cheers chaps, i did have a quick try just with a 45 deg guide and i cut the rubber cable guide off the frame , getting closer. Then just the choke to sort!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information