Just Fitted a CASA 185 Kit

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Lamaddict

Just fitted a CASA 185 kit for a friend. It looked okay especially the piston, however, I found the manifold gasket didn't line up, the exhaust studs went through to one of the rod holes, this stopped the barrel sliding on! The head didn't seem to sit on correctly as I could see a slight gap once the head was tightened down. Overall, it was a bit disappointing, let's hope it runs okay.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

so apart from that it was OK?? Did you sort the head "gap"?

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
Lamaddict

Not started it yet. The guy also bought a CASA exhaust, the welding looked strong but it had a dent in the side. I also bought a RT186 kit for myself recently and that seemed better quality, simple things like the gaskets lined up etc.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

I've got three Casa kits,two 185's and a 210 I've never had an issue with any of them.Firstly,have you got the exhaust gasket the wrong way around.The exhaust stud has a thread cut on each end,one end has a longer thread than the other,you may have inserted the wrong end.The cylinder head fits flush on the round part,but the part were the studs come through is supposed to have a small gap,if this part of the head fit flush,you wouldn't be able to get the correct torque on the round part of the cylinder head.
Lamaddict

Thanks Paul,

Good to know. Sounds like the head is okay from what you said. It was the carb manifold gasket that wasn't right, the exhaust one was okay. All the studs have the same length of thread on this kit, the studs didn't bottom out they just pocked into one of the cylinder stud holes. I backed off the studs and put some lock tight on them, so they should be okay.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

You always have to trim the carb manifold gasket.
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

Are the Casa 225 kits now proven to be relatively reliable on a road bike, I've heard there have been some issues with them ? and can you run the kit with a BGM clubman ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information