Anyone gone from a Ram Air to a Breathe Sweet....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

....and noticed any real difference?
Donnie.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Yes, with the breathe sweet being freer flowing.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

I've been considering the same change on one of mine and also putting a breath sweet on a currently open mouthed carb, guess it will involve a new round of plug chops
Donnie

It would, my current ram air has developed a split in the foam I noticed at VMSC coventry the other day so have been considering it but with a replacement ram air at £15 and a breathe sweet (out of stock anyway at camlam) at £45 I just dont think I can bring myself to spend an extra £30 on foam :-/
Donnie.
jonzo172

Burnside wrote:I've been considering the same change on one of mine and also putting a breath sweet on a currently open mouthed carb, guess it will involve a new round of plug chops
I run a breathe sweet (GT186/30phbh) and haven't changed the jetting and would say it makes either a minuscule or no difference to airflow. Quality product in my opinion.
shamrockexpress

whats the difference in these filters any pics of both????
Donnie

ram air

breathe sweet

Donnie.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

jonzo172 wrote:
Burnside wrote:I've been considering the same change on one of mine and also putting a breath sweet on a currently open mouthed carb, guess it will involve a new round of plug chops
I run a breathe sweet (GT186/30phbh) and haven't changed the jetting and would say it makes either a minuscule or no difference to airflow. Quality product in my opinion.
Good to know, especially as it is on my GT186 and GT200 kits also with 30phbh. WIll try it on one of them and see how it go, cheers
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Donnie wrote:It would, my current ram air has developed a split in the foam I noticed at VMSC coventry the other day so have been considering it but with a replacement ram air at £15 and a breathe sweet (out of stock anyway at camlam) at £45 I just dont think I can bring myself to spend an extra £30 on foam :-/
Especially as they probably cost about 20p to make.

Get down to your local MX shop and you can buy as much foam as you like and make your own.
ArmandTanzarian

Doom Patrol wrote:
Donnie wrote:It would, my current ram air has developed a split in the foam I noticed at VMSC coventry the other day so have been considering it but with a replacement ram air at £15 and a breathe sweet (out of stock anyway at camlam) at £45 I just dont think I can bring myself to spend an extra £30 on foam :-/
Especially as they probably cost about 20p to make.

Get down to your local MX shop and you can buy as much foam as you like and make your own.
I bought something the other day that came packed in sheets of what looked to be exactly the same stuff that air filters are made of.

The tricky bit is getting it attached to the carb in a secure and effective way.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information