Anyone gone from a Ram Air to a Breathe Sweet....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I think you'd probably use an original base from an old filter.
jonzo172

Burnside wrote:
jonzo172 wrote:
Burnside wrote:I've been considering the same change on one of mine and also putting a breath sweet on a currently open mouthed carb, guess it will involve a new round of plug chops
I run a breathe sweet (GT186/30phbh) and haven't changed the jetting and would say it makes either a minuscule or no difference to airflow. Quality product in my opinion.
Good to know, especially as it is on my GT186 and GT200 kits also with 30phbh. WIll try it on one of them and see how it go, cheers
Running the RHS GT 30mm manifold and CamLam short rubber, the elbow just touched the panel of my S3Lis150, now changed to LHS GT 30mm manifold and there is plenty of clearance to panel. Also makes a lovely deep "airboxy?" sound similar to a 2T Enduro bike!
shamrockexpress

Donnie wrote:ram air

breathe sweet

thanx for the pics donnie,
i can confirm i have a large style ram air version which i,m able to run with a 28mm delly and there is little difference to the richness of the motor certainly not noticeable enough to re-jet which is a peice of mind if the filter where to fall off..................
Swat
Main scooter: AF Rayspeed S type GP225

I'm using a ramair (as per pics) on my Rapido 225 (reed valve) I have old skool hole in sidecan through which it pokes its head. Barely noticeable difference between with or without. No more than the effects you get due to temp/dampness.
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

I don't know how it is in the UK but on this side of the world I can walk in to any motorcycle shop and they have a selection of UNI (not the India UNI) air filters. Just find one that fits the rubber boot. I have one on my dl (24 phbl carb) connected to a stock 20mm style bellows. Works perfect.

So many times I think we get stuck on it has to be a "lambretta" made specific part (at twice the price and half the life expectancy) otherwise it won't work.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

aye, the ram air is an adapted mx part etc have ordered another rather than going for the breathe sweet which is out of stock anyway
Donnie.
Speed Demon
Dealer

Be really careful in jetting when going to breathe-sweet because the elbow actually speeds up airflow to the carb compared to a straight foam filter. In our experience on the dyno the engine often makes more power with a breathe sweet but also needs bigger/different jetting to suit as well.
Get to SULK
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

Speed Demon wrote:Be really careful in jetting when going to breathe-sweet because the elbow actually speeds up airflow to the carb compared to a straight foam filter. In our experience on the dyno the engine often makes more power with a breathe sweet but also needs bigger/different jetting to suit as well.
I'm going to get mine dyno'd in the next few weeks hopefully so won't fit it until then
jonzo172 wrote: Running the RHS GT 30mm manifold and CamLam short rubber, the elbow just touched the panel of my S3Lis150, now changed to LHS GT 30mm manifold and there is plenty of clearance to panel. Also makes a lovely deep "airboxy?" sound similar to a 2T Enduro bike!
Both of mine are LHS 30mm so should fine fine, will try it on the 186 1st which is in a S2 so should be plenty of clearance, then may consider putting one on my GT200 if I'm happy with it.

For those looking, Camlam are out of stock but JustLambretta have them in stock...and are slightly cheaper
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information