lambretta turntable.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
mickfeath.
Main scooter: lambretta super vijay 150

Hi, does anyone make a turntable for lambretta's, i know they make ones for motorbikes, but can't find any for moving scooters into tight places. Pleae let me know the details if anyone does make anything that would work.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

The bike ones are called dollys but yet to find one for a scoot, I keep asking.
warts
Main scooter: honda

I made one years ago from old chair castors and an even older (wooden) bed frame.
All from a skip, but worked a treat.
mickfeath.
Main scooter: lambretta super vijay 150

Thanks, Timbo and Warts, looks like i'll have to make one myself, pity nobody has cottoned on to the fact that nobody seems to make such a simple thing for scooters. Hey fellas fancy going into partnership and patent one ?. The demand must surely be there especially as a great many scooter owners' are getting on a bit now and reliving their younger days, just like me.
railfancwb

Find an office chair - preferably one with five casters - looking for a new home. That might be adaptable. If you literally want to roll the scoot on, turn it to align with a stall or parking spot, then roll the scoot off - look at a large bearing assembly for a Lazy Susan. 12" diameter 1000 US pound capacity is available stateside in the $20 range.
railfancwb

Or see if a British importer offers something close to this thing from Harbor Freight in the states.

http://m.harborfreight.com/low-profile- ... 95896.html
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

Am certain there is a thread on here about workbench/scooter lifting benches.
Read through that.
A lot of people get hospital bed frames. They are on castors and go up and down. So can be wheeled about.
I made a bench out of timber. It has a ramp that pivots as the scooter is wheeled onto it. I adapted a plan i googled and found on the internet. It put it on strong castors i bought off ebay. I can move it around quite easily. I can get to either side and push it about. i made it wider than my series 2 stand.

Robbie
Muttley McLadd

Scooters are really light (and tiny), compared to bikes. What sort of a space do you need to get one into that you can't just wheel it in?
CakeAndArseParty
bigscottyuk
Main scooter: Vespa PX200

Jon Betts makes dollys for Lambretta and Vespa scooters. See his FB page https://www.facebook.com/JBFabrication/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

Muttley McLadd wrote:Scooters are really light (and tiny), compared to bikes. What sort of a space do you need to get one into that you can't just wheel it in?
Ain't that the truth.

Series 3 Just over 100 kg, Griso 231 kg!
Did you have to do that?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information