Standard TV200 performance tweaks?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
eadmr04

My mates got a standard TV200 and was wondering if there's any simple carb/exhaust tweaks which might give any benefits without going down the route of fitting a kit or anything, want to really maximise the TV's performance whilst keeping it mainly standard. Anyone out there using a 42mm clubman and slightly bigger carb option or something similar? Cheers.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Yes. I run a Sito Ancillotti clubman and a Scootopia 22mm carb. Other than that it's pretty much standard with the exception of a GP crank. Goes well.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Doom Patrol wrote:Yes. I run a Sito Ancillotti clubman and a Scootopia 22mm carb. Other than that it's pretty much standard with the exception of a GP crank. Goes well.
I'm guessing that GP crank also goes with electronic ignition? Standard weight flywheel?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
eadmr04

Doom Patrol wrote:Yes. I run a Sito Ancillotti clubman and a Scootopia 22mm carb. Other than that it's pretty much standard with the exception of a GP crank. Goes well.

Have you opened up the air box or any other alterations, everything else standard gearing wise etc? Thanks.
dave wheeler

tv175, 24 phbl though a baffleless airbox, sito ancillotti, electronic, oh and a cyclone 5 speed, goes great, tops out around 65, cruises at 55-60 and returns 55mpg
eibarlad

Be careful tweaking this set up if it still has the tall gearbox in it. The TV 200 , especially with the first version 'ring breaker barrel is a great ride left standard.
I'm running one with a good piston so it doesn't spew the rings out, all ports polished & matched to the standard carb - exhaust. Standard air box , Indian electronic with a machined/lighter flywheel.
This motor is adifferent animal to the other innocenti 200's.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

eibarlad wrote:Be careful tweaking this set up if it still has the tall gearbox in it. The TV 200 , especially with the first version 'ring breaker barrel is a great ride left standard.
I'm running one with a good piston so it doesn't spew the rings out, all ports polished & matched to the standard carb - exhaust. Standard air box , Indian electronic with a machined/lighter flywheel.
This motor is adifferent animal to the other innocenti 200's.
+1
Scootering since 1968.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

It sounds as if you just want bolt on goodies, but if you fancy dismantling it, I would blueprint it - match the ports and manifolds and polish the inlet and exhaust ports. If this hasn't been done already. These have quite a high compression already, don't they?
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

rosscla wrote:
I'm guessing that GP crank also goes with electronic ignition? Standard weight flywheel?
I'd forgotten about that. Shows you shouldn't post things late at night. :oops:

eadmr04. It has a standard GP airbox. The original TV box is squashed on one side and restricts air. The filter itself is a washable fast flow filter I think came from Cambridge Lambretta. As for the gearbox I changed it some time ago for an SX200 box. Although, it pulls so well I believe it would pull the original.

But, other than that it is largely original..... :D
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

TV200 is a pedigree tweek one part and you have to change another
C’est la vie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information