Scomadi fork issue series 3

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
chippy

Intresting write up on scooter centre shop about these forks, they warn you of all these issues before you buy.Why does PM tuning give a contact email but never replies even when you want to buy something. I work were a phone signal is poor and they are shut when I get home and what I want isn't on web site. Grrrr
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

I got some hassle off them when i bought a front single disk brake from PM.

It fit fine but the disk wore out the pads after 100km and in turn destroyed the the disk and left me without brakes.

I ended up having to buy new parts from them and had to machine the edges off the rotor before I got it to work propper.

Customer service from the dark ages, so havn`t used them since.
Stokie

The outboard shock set up is a non-standard, aftermarket, so called improvement - personally I wouldn't assume they'd fit and if you had them sat there then why on earth didn't you fit them during the dry build?
Puzzled as to why you'd buy a 2nd set of forks from the same place after no being happy with the original set?
razorlips
Main scooter: Li-3

Stokie wrote:The outboard shock set up is a non-standard, aftermarket, so called improvement - personally I wouldn't assume they'd fit and if you had them sat there then why on earth didn't you fit them during the dry build?
Puzzled as to why you'd buy a 2nd set of forks from the same place after no being happy with the original set?
Hi Stokie

The 'outboard' Scomadi forks weren't fitted in the dry build because (stupidly) I had not noticed the original forks were out of line... these were bought and fitted after the dry build and only re-tasked when I abandoned the originals and everything else has been painted.

Leson learnt for me! Although this is the first (and last) time I have made such a significant design change during a build.

The reason I expected them to fit (despite being non-standard) is because they were sold as 'the full monty... just fit and ride' - or something very similar... plus, they were designated as 'for' this model.

I know it seems like I was looking to get mugged second time, but I was in a catch 22 situation when it came to buying the second set... (which were the standard version) because I needed Chrome or S/S to complete the job - and perhaps - I also thought I would not get two bad sets in a row.

In the end buying the 2nd set has turned out Ok (akbeit thanks to the support and advice on here rather than Scomadi QC).

I am nearly finished that bike now and already started stripping the next one to check the outboard version will fit. Looks like I will need to trim the standard mudguard.

Nothing will get wasted in the long run (except time).

Ray

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information