Bgm dampers on turning mudguard

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
shocky

I don't just done a set and with anti dive it was even more awkward
I converted the links (as I have a jig and done 100,s of sets)
But with the lug in the normal position the screw in pin stuck out to far and the bgm damper wouldn't run square up the fork leg when viewed from the front
So I had to move the weld on bottom lug to a different position a few times and then move the top one around a bit as well
There's alot more to it than the above and we still have to pack the mudguard out either side on the mounting bracket probably by 2 mm
Pm me if you need any advice ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
soulsurfer

Why not just drop the forks and do it that way in the first place?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
soulsurfer

shocky

How much did you pack the mudguard out on the side mounting points

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
soulsurfer

I'm not sure Steve, it was a few years back now, but IIRC, I used a couple of MB fork spring stops. I'll try to remember to take a look tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Geocamper
Main scooter: Tv175 S2- Li 150 S2 Eibar

Bloody hell Guys. The Bgm dampers look fantastic on those forks!! I have come to a decision to make things a little easier and bought the Bgm brackets. I don't feel confident enough in welding brackets onto the forks. I'd most properly weld them in the wrong position.
With regards to packing the mudguard out, I will more then likely use some spare floor board damper rubbers. I'll be taking the forks out and renewing the bearings,Cones and Fork springs at the same time. Cheers for the offer Shocky and the advice Soulsurfer.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information