flywheel pick-up alignment

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
shamrockexpress

Change my midweight AF flywheel to a midweight Scooter restorations one only to have hassle resetting the timeing until i looked closer at the fireing point marks on the SR flywheel
this is were the pick up marks line up to on the AF flywheel which runs fine and i,m sure is the correct position the only reason for changing is i,m trying to illiminate a vibration so trying a different flywheel
this is were the marks were lining up for the SR flywheel i reckon this is a way out.
this is the difference........
SR one on the left quality isnt great compared to the AF one right,
Has anyone else had any issues with the SR flywheel
gaz_powell

Mine was the opposite - I had a genuine sil stator and flywheel from sr that would not fire with the af light weight or mid weight. Same on another bike - geniune sil stator and flywheel that was on a complete engine from sr - af would not work. I'm sure if had persevered I couild have got it work. In the end I had both sr flywheels lightened and welded.
The joys of lambretta "compatible" parts
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

It might just be an optical illusion,but the AF flywheel looks like its got the woodruff key slot machined in the points position.
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

window marks are a waste of time make your own tdc and timing marks on the mag then strobe
C’est la vie
jason frost
Dealer

Muppet wrote:window marks are a waste of time make your own tdc and timing marks on the mag then strobe
;)
New flywheel you will need to set new timing marks and check them with a timing light
shamrockexpress

Yes thats been done and scoot is running 100% as you can see in the pics new marks made from alignment of magnets.
can anyone clarify the firing point is the middle of the two finger plates?
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

shamrockexpress wrote: can anyone clarify the firing point is the middle of the two finger plates?

Good point m8? Anyone confirm this ??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information