series 2 tv forks in a framebreather

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
dave wheeler

am fitting the above, not much thread for locking ring, and the headset is sitting about 5mm off the chrome ring, had to quit as it got dark but anyone else had problems with this conversion?
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

SI SII headstock are the same size so there shouldn't be a problem. (AFAIK)
Did you have to do that?
kevspeed

I have TV2 forks in my framebreather,no problem whatsoever, so something must be amiss elsewhere!
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Are you sure there not GP forks ?
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

Spanish forks??
Scootering since 1968.
dave wheeler

sorted once i removed the tongued washer, which was very thick and was stopping the headset dropping enough to allow the pinchbolt to go into the groove
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

dave wheeler wrote:sorted once i removed the tongued washer, which was very thick and was stopping the headset dropping enough to allow the pinchbolt to go into the groove

You realize that is a locking washer and helps keep the forks in the frame?

Jem Booth put together a very good list of fork lengths and it is posted on this site. Before you ride off on something that is now waiting to fail, you might want to take some fork measurements.

My guess is if the forks are correct then the lower bearings are not sitting correctly in the frame and causing the forks to sit a little lower than they should.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

ball race at the bottom should be "Balls Up"
Scootering since 1968.
dave wheeler

just balls in the bottom and series 1 forks dont have a locking ring so not overly concerned
shocky

Grumpy225 wrote:
dave wheeler wrote:sorted once i removed the tongued washer, which was very thick and was stopping the headset dropping enough to allow the pinchbolt to go into the groove

You realize that is a locking washer and helps keep the forks in the frame?

Jem Booth put together a very good list of fork lengths and it is posted on this site. Before you ride off on something that is now waiting to fail, you might want to take some fork measurements.

My guess is if the forks are correct then the lower bearings are not sitting correctly in the frame and causing the forks to sit a little lower than they should.
He did indeed its a shame some of it was wrong though and causes no end of confusion. ...
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information