Ts1 - 225 Delly 30mm verses TMX 35

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
lockman69

I went the other way (sort off) Delly 34 down to PHBH30 with camlam power jet...Much better mpg, nicer ride and not too much loss if any performance...
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

soosh wrote:
mick1 wrote:Swopped to a TMX 35 on my Avanti and noticed a big difference. More power and swifter response. Slightly less mpg and doesn't kick off quite as easy but may need tinkering with. As it runs so well when going i'm inclined to leave it as is.
What did you have before and was that setup perfectly?
28 and 30 PHBH Dellorto's. Was getting around 21BHP and after a rebuild and putting the TMX on ended up with just short of 23 BHP.

The 2 BHP difference could be down to the air-tight re-build but I put it more down to the TMX........but who knows ?
bazza3004

Mine ended up with 30 phbh at just under 30bhp with 22lbft torque
TS1 230.
i would agree with the previous post in that the mikuni does seem to be slightly quicker on throttle response but my delly was set up well and i cant complain.
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

I have just gone the other way replacing a TMX 35 with a 30mm phbh. No noticeable difference in power (24bhp on the dyno with both) but better on fuel with the Del Orto,

Rich'
eden
Dealer

Binned my TMX years ago due to the fixed atomiser waring oval.
Phbh uses a lot less fuel and as has already been stated the loss in power is minimal. The tmx is thought of as being easier to set up but imo that's due to it being close to impossible to jet 100% bang on due to the lack of changeable atomiser.
The atomiser wore out on mine in less than 18 months but that's while covering a lot of miles. The tmx is made for trials bikes which are on and off the throttle, they ware if held for hours at over half throttle due to the needle bouncing around.
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

Just buy a new carb Eden u tight arse lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eden
Dealer

jonashford wrote:Just buy a new carb Eden u tight arse lol

I did I bought an air striker ;)
But on my GT'S I run phbh..... both of those are new too.
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

Someone's been made to suffer a loss there then lol

alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

Managed to put the TMX on tonight, had to wait till today to get a extra long throttle outer (every little job ALWAYS take longer eh?!). Anyway, went for a little ride around the town, didn't want to do to much or thrash it until daylight so I can do some plug chops, but I gotta say it's made a significant difference, not necessarily in power but most definitely in acceleration and scoot is much nicer to ride. Definitely an improvement and I'm sure once I've had chance to check plug/jetting etc I'll be even happier. I don't think I'm far off on jetting though at the egt/cht temps were very similar to the delly which was dynoed.

My scoot is definitely heading in the right direction of how I want it to ride, might have a little experiment with front sprocket. Was talking to Chiggy at LamUp and he reckons I should try a 20 front sprocket.
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
shocky

If I was going dellorto now id go for a vhsa carb not the pbhl , swapped a pb on for a vhsa and it was much nicer on the bottom end and showed a 1bhp increase on shinny reds dyno , iveseen a few tmx forsale recently and I recone there worn out , the vh range just seem better made than the pb ones
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information