LAMBRETTA PLUG GRADE????

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

shamrockexpress wrote:Years ago on the p200e I remember going to the Venlo rallyon the german border drivingacross Holland and then onto the auto bhans 2 up in scorching summer heat flat out for 4 hours scoot fully loaded, I,m sure most on here would have a similar story and that would have been a b6 probably the original.................. :o

so where is the logic in all this ?
4 star leaded fuel?
Donnie.
GP240

Lambretta plug,
NGK B8es,
Champion N4c (copper core).
if running with a SIP speedo then a resistor type is adviced.
Old Lambretta's never die, they get tuned..................
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

GP240 wrote:Lambretta plug,
NGK B8es,
Champion N4c (copper core).
if running with a SIP speedo then a resistor type is adviced.
NGK B8 is equal to Champion N3
GP240

haha, cheers Rich, yeah N3c oops.
Old Lambretta's never die, they get tuned..................
shamrockexpress

Update......
this is my gt186 plug after 300 miles its a b8es, engine runs and revs quite clean engine temp at mid range as running in......temperature 100 to 120

today mid-range running with the odd blast, plug chop now with a b7es most certainly a good colour and engine feels better temperature is now up to about 100 to 130 highest, there has been no change to the jetting all as before except now b7es this is as rich taylors advice today was over a 70/80 mile run so quite happy to stick with a b7.

from sun on the coast

to snow on the hills...............just great getting out and trying to tame the GTs :D
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Funny, this is something that I've been trying to address myself recently. My plug looks exactly like the one in the photos, however, I hate that colour; battleship grey. I've tried different plugs, plug grades, ignition timing (static and variable), different stators, different fuels, different oils, a multitude of jetting combinations and even different heads with different compression ratios... being able to get any shade of grey but never a shade of brown. Well, actually, that's not quite true, I managed to get a warm brown/tan just before seizing once!!!

WTF?!

Adam
shamrockexpress

Adam_Winstone wrote:Funny, this is something that I've been trying to address myself recently. My plug looks exactly like the one in the photos, however, I hate that colour; battleship grey. I've tried different plugs, plug grades, ignition timing (static and variable), different stators, different fuels, different oils, a multitude of jetting combinations and even different heads with different compression ratios... being able to get any shade of grey but never a shade of brown. Well, actually, that's not quite true, I managed to get a warm brown/tan just before seizing once!!!

WTF?!

Adam
maybe not so easy seen in the picture but the second plug b7 is actually quite tan/brown as good a colour i have had with recent set-ups only other difference i have recently noticed is 5 to 10 deg difference in temperature between 97 and 95 petrol, i notice the engine slightly livelier but obviously running that bit hotter..............

ANYWAY WHAT WOULD I KNOW IF IT WSNT FOR STICKIES BOOK I,D STILL BE ON THE DRIVEWAY :D :D
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

mines like adam currently, ie battleship grey :-/ I like brown, not tan, bourbon brown is what i like!
Donnie.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Donnie,

I'm with you on this one. Tan or Rich Tea doesn't give me a safety margin that I'm happy with, I'd much rather have a richer brown colour, which then gives you a little more safety margin for those times when you get an air leak, bad refill of dodgy fuel, split exhaust, or other factor that can make your bike suddenly run a little weaker.

Battleship Grey is certainly not a colour that I equate to a well setup machine that is running under the right combination of factors/at the right temperature. As I say, I can get any shade of grey but not on the brown scale.

Feedback on this issue welcomed. As I said previously, I've tried the factors that commonly influence plug colour but cannot currently get a result that I'm happy with.

Adam
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

So, if Rich Tea is too weak and Bourbons are too rich you really need a Digestive colour. :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information