Vapor trail tech

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
craze01

Alreet lads!!
Just bought a vapor set up from Mb and its avery nice bit of kit! Well worth the money.
Anyway im going to use the cylinder head sensor to check the heat on my top end.
Does anyone know the correct operating temp on a lambretta head as I dont want to go scaring
myself when tootling down a motorway to a rally and also need this temp spec to be
able to keep an eye on the scoot while its running.
craze01

Does no one know the answer to how hot the head gets on a lamby then???
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

It's while since I ran a CHT gauge, but I seem to recall it being fine at around 170/180. If it got to 200, I was worried and backed off
craze01

Cheers storkfoot im gona finish setting it up tonight and the scoot is running sweet so
I will take a ride out and see what its showing!
I suppose if its fine over the next week and stays at a constant temp or around that temp anyway then i will use that as a guide.
I will use your info to keep an eye on it at first.
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

my vapour showed a max temp of 177 over a 20 mile run
sugarlump

How have you guys fitted the sensor to the head, under the plug or bolted to a fin?
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Mine was on the plug. If I was going to fit a CHT again, I'd look at going down the fin route though.

Do the trail tecs also have an EGT option?
craze01

Well I have been out on it and its running completely different figures to those of you
that posted.
It currently runs at 220 f which seems a little high considering your all getting around 177 f

The scoot is running sweet and has had no problems with many miles built this way so
buying a vapor has given me more questions. MMMmmm rather I hadnt known how hot it was getting ha!
peter357bikes

I have Trailtech on my RB250 and Ben at Rayspeed told me not to see any more than 200c...a racer supposedly 220...erm mine does 225 to 235 before I get really nervous......weather was hot though. I get 175 at a brisk pace but quickly comes down to 160 ish. It is as much a curse as it is a godsend. Ignorance, a 4% mix and a quick left hand are I beleive are your belt and braces :lol:
craze01

My panic is over but a couple of things to watch out for!
1) when I posted this the figures where in fahrenheit and looking at your posts suggests
you are all using celcius so if anyone else is worried about high figures check how your vapor is set.
2) I used the ring around the plug method only to find when I undid the plug tonight it had distorted the ring to an oval shape which can possibly cause an air leak at the spark plug
so I reckon the safest way would be to attach it to a fin instead.
cheers for the help though lads and safe riding to you all!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information