A quick RB question..................

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
kevspeed

Anybody tried an RB20 with a clubman type exhaust system,AF/Gori/BGM/Ancillotti???,if so,any good??
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

Mate of mine runs an rb200 knitted tv175 with an af clubman & I think a 28mm phbh.... no idea what sort of power it makes as its never been on a dyno - but seems to go ok to be fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

i think that the rb kit is best suited to an expansion exhaust, a box type exhaust will not allow the kit to rev and produce the power it is designed for, i think it could also lead to overheating as the exhaust gases will struggle to escape, maybe a 48mm vw clubman exhaust might work, they are very loud though :D
dont you like the look of an expansion ?
holty
kevspeed

holty wrote:i think that the rb kit is best suited to an expansion exhaust, a box type exhaust will not allow the kit to rev and produce the power it is designed for, i think it could also lead to overheating as the exhaust gases will struggle to escape, maybe a 48mm vw clubman exhaust might work, they are very loud though :D
dont you like the look of an expansion ?
holty
Was thinking of the biggest bore 'standard' looking pipe,as ive gone off the look of expansion pipes sticking out the sides,spoils the lines of one of the most beautiful looking machines ever!!
Thoughts were to run a 'box' type pipe,which will produce power lower down,then run taller gearing to compensate!!
dave411
Main scooter: Li 125

How about a Gori Race,or is it Sport Kev?
dave411
Main scooter: Li 125

Its a Race,just checked.
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

New Gori GP50 might suit, maybe ask Dean at Rimini what he thinks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sydduckett

Its a pointless exercise im afraid. The kit was designed for an expansion. I presume you want an rb for the speed and grin factor otherwise you would be going down a different. Road kit wise? If you put a box pipe on then your going to be down on power, okay so your going to keep your clear lines but you aint going to have no powerband which is pretty much the idea of the RB.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

sydduckett wrote:Its a pointless exercise im afraid. The kit was designed for an expansion. I presume you want an rb for the speed and grin factor otherwise you would be going down a different. Road kit wise? If you put a box pipe on then your going to be down on power, okay so your going to keep your clear lines but you aint going to have no powerband which is pretty much the idea of the RB.
Looking at this graph for an sx200, I'd say a gp50 was well suited to an rb....Image
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

What 4 to 5 bhp down throughout most of the rev range?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information