Von Dutch - Ron Moss Avanti 225 Kit Update....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

Interesting post.......I too have had trouble free riding with my Avanti, which propelled me into buying a second kit off Ron a few months back. Just a question on the Augusto box . I have an Augusto 7000 fitted to my Avanti kit, but have wondered what would happen if the box 'failed', e; how would I know and what should I do to ensure it doesn't blow the piston. Think mine is set to 22/23 degrees retarding to 17 degrees .
coaster

Strummer10 wrote:Interesting post.......I too have had trouble free riding with my Avanti, which propelled me into buying a second kit off Ron a few months back. Just a question on the Augusto box . I have an Augusto 7000 fitted to my Avanti kit, but have wondered what would happen if the box 'failed', e; how would I know and what should I do to ensure it doesn't blow the piston. Think mine is set to 22/23 degrees retarding to 17 degrees .
I'm pretty sure I read that the Augusto would just fail completely i.e. no spark. I have no idea of the circuitry involved but when mine went ()also a 7000) on my Avanti, it died like the ignition had been turned off. I didn't have far to go so just by-passed it and rode home carefully at 30 mph.

Must get my re-plated Avanti back together soon, just waiting for a new crank. Does anyone have any knowledge of using a reed valve on an Avanti? I have an MB shorty manifold doing nothing and have been wondering about combining the 2.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

coaster wrote:
I'm pretty sure I read that the Augusto would just fail completely i.e. no spark. I have no idea of the circuitry involved but when mine went ()also a 7000) on my Avanti, it died like the ignition had been turned off. I didn't have far to go so just by-passed it and rode home carefully at 30 mph.
Any electronic device has more than one failure mode even a simple resistor. I'd guess that the most likely failure mode is no spark, but I'll guarantee that it isn't the only one. One possible failure mode is to maintain the advanced spark all the way through the rev range.
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

For some reason it says that the MB shorty doesn't fit the Avanti kit on his website.
coaster

Minority wrote:For some reason it says that the MB shorty doesn't fit the Avanti kit on his website.
I didn't know that, I'll take a look :(
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

Thanks Coaster.......might be worth getting a spare Augusto as well to slam in the toolbox .........
coaster

Minority wrote:For some reason it says that the MB shorty doesn't fit the Avanti kit on his website.
Whereabouts was it? just had a look on Ron's Supetune sight but couldn't find any reference to reed valves of any sort :? If there is a problem I expect it would be to do with the amount of finage that the MB shorty requires....3 and a bit were affected when I fitted it to an SR type barrel.
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

coaster wrote:
Whereabouts was it? just had a look on Ron's Supetune sight but couldn't find any reference to reed valves of any sort :? If there is a problem I expect it would be to do with the amount of finage that the MB shorty requires....3 and a bit were affected when I fitted it to an SR type barrel.
http://www.lambrettaspares.com/spares/2 ... 0829k.html

(That's MB website not Ron's :lol: )
lozmondo

Roger at Pro Design in Littlehampton fitted an Atomic reed block to an Avanti with good results.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Topic moved
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information