small block to large block conversion

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
golf19gt
Main scooter: lambretta ts1 230

has anyone had there small block cases convereted to take a large block by oiltek if so your thoughts or does anyone else do it
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

I know Digger on here had a case done. Looked very well machined. They can add more meat around the transfers for tuning too. But you'll have to be patient as they're turnaround is quite long at the moment apparently.
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
Agent Buchwald

Nice video on youtube of it being done - I would link to it but I've just described it as a video so you probably got a handle on my tech abilities.
shocky

golf19gt wrote:has anyone had there small block cases convereted to take a large block by oiltek if so your thoughts or does anyone else do it
Yes sent one in august still waiting :| and the price keeps creeping up
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

As Dapper said I've had two done.

First one about 3 years ago - a Series 1, fast turnaround, had the 6mm studs taken out 2 8mm and it was vapour blasted.

Second one this year Spanish LIS took about 5 months, wasn't cleaned and generally doesn't look as good a job.

I've met Paul and had a cuppa with him when I dropped it off. He's a good bloke just maxed out with work I reckon..
Did you have to do that?
coaster

CS Engineering in Norwich (Chris Sadd) does this work. His method is old school by hand but he is seriously good. He converted an Indian GP 150 engine for me including repairing several broken studs and stripped threads and turned it round in about 3 weeks. Nice guy too 8-)
golf19gt
Main scooter: lambretta ts1 230

ok thanks for the reply,s
roadrunnerian

my mate had one done on his small block hes well chuffed with the job by oiltek but said it did take a long time, a couple of lads I know rate oiltek highly but reckon it depends on how many he gets in I know on cnc machining its cheaper to do long runs of jobs its the setting up, programming etc that is time consuming, Mike from Denton near manchester does it as well but I think he does it by a different way
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I PERSONALLY wouldn't even consider it, a GT186 or an RB 20 will meet 99% of peoples requirements. The work required plus a 200 top end will cost as much as a GT186 and an Indian 200 won't be a match for a GT kit and to get better performance than an RB20 you're going to have to fit another decent kit on your new 200 casing. All imo.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

corrado wrote:I PERSONALLY wouldn't even consider it, a GT186 or an RB 20 will meet 99% of peoples requirements. The work required plus a 200 top end will cost as much as a GT186 and an Indian 200 won't be a match for a GT kit and to get better performance than an RB20 you're going to have to fit another decent kit on your new 200 casing. All imo.

I'm the 1% Martin..... ;)
Did you have to do that?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information