small block to large block conversion

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Spanish Fly
Main scooter: P200e

A 1%er on a scooter forum. This place is WEIRD!

SF
kevspeed

golf19gt wrote:has anyone had there small block cases convereted to take a large block by oiltek if so your thoughts or does anyone else do it
Hi Dave,one of our lot has just had one done,if you want to have a look,get yourself down to mine on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning,as we are re-building the motor then 8-)
golf19gt
Main scooter: lambretta ts1 230

cheers kev
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

The Mike Phoenix ones are good but pricey , although if you already have a casing it's still cheaper than a SIL one.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

Oiltek Series 1 Conversion

Did you have to do that?
kevspeed

golf19gt wrote:cheers kev
Make it Saturday morning,things to do!
mark1
Main scooter: gp

I had one done last year by oiltek. Fantastic job and can't recommend them highly enough.
RBG

I had some done by Chris Sadd and I'm very happy with the results.
hydra
Dealer

corrado wrote:I PERSONALLY wouldn't even consider it, a GT186 or an RB 20 will meet 99% of peoples requirements. The work required plus a 200 top end will cost as much as a GT186 and an Indian 200 won't be a match for a GT kit and to get better performance than an RB20 you're going to have to fit another decent kit on your new 200 casing. All imo.
I must be in the 1% also. Wouldn't consider anything on a small block Casing for long haul.......TS1, still the finest. If I were fitting a kit to a small block though, it wouldn't be either of them, try the Mugello 200, but to be fair, I haven't tried the GT kit, I can't get the evils of Cast Iron out of my head :D

On another note, at Oiltek we do make everyone aware of the sometimes lengthy turnaround times. This is simply down to the work load of the CNC machine, which invariably is quite long and as previously mentioned, we do have to accumulate around 8 Casings before making it a viable proposition to put in the Machine Centre. So, if you sent us No.1 Casing, you obviously would be waiting until No.8 Casing arrives with us before we start any work, and the Casings do go into be machine prepared for welding in the first instance. Everyone is made aware of this, and seem to be ok with it at the time of handover to us, sometimes and more than likely, we go over what is really a bit of a guess with regards to the turnaround time, sorry for this, but like I say, it's a little out of my control.
I may just add a little about the quality and finish as well. I do not know what people expect when they receive their Casings back, other than a mechanically sound conversion. Believe me, if you saw the state of some of the Casings we get, you wouldn't believe you could weld to them. As well as the poor cleanliness of the Casing, we still get folk sending Casings with Bearings, Driveside Seal Plates, Engine Mountings, Barrel studs and Chaincase studs, even though we ask for these to be removed :(
One last thing from a previous quote.....the price isn't creeping up.
FATBLOKE

Just got my engine case back off Paul at Oiltek, nice job. Left him another for him to sort out top bloke.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information