Clutch Advice

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
tippo88

I'm putting a Scootrs Atomic clutch in my S3 Li, am also fitting a cleaned up SR185 kit and intention is to be a reliable fun ride for my wife not a racer
Couple of questions, I have all the bits to go 6 plate but are there any pros and cons vs going with 5?
Secondly the scootrs "c" clip is way beefier than the original and difficult to fit, is it worth persevering to fit it or go with the less beefy original?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Tippo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

I've got a series 2 with a Casa 210 top end and a series 3 with a Casa 185 top end,both run on standard 4 plate clutches and I've never had a problem with either and they're both easy on the hand.
shocky

The clutch seems overkill I use a 4 plate in a 5 plate crownwheel with a 4 plate inner and a deeper outer I have alot of seperation not sure what spings I have I did have a jl4 and 30 mm carb on with a harry barlow stg 4 gp 200 gearbox never had any slippage ,I guess with more plates you can have standard springs which might suit a lady , id use the thicker circlip it might just need filing down a bit on the open end good luck ;)
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information