Lost piston ring peg

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
dennis
Main scooter: 1 gp 1 special

Does that include a different make of piston?,and will they change other kits when they explode i say explode because it's like riding a time bomb waiting go off riding at the mo.
shocky

I rang them last week about ring gap on there 225 piston I told them it was .22mm and was told the bore was worn !!!! And it should be 6 thou ,I then again said its the ring gap not the piston to bore clearance they again said its worn and needs a resleeve what ever one of those is I know about a replate or liner a resleeve really !!! .I looked on there tec page and guess what.22mm is bang in the middle of there given parameters sometimes you have to wonder dont you ?its a shame I never recorded the call :) I was also stumped by the 6 thou as thats twice and then some clearance for the bore and way to tight for a ring gap
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
eden
Dealer

shocky wrote:I rang them last week about ring gap on there 225 piston I told them it was .22mm and was told the bore was worn !!!! And it should be 6 thou ,I then again said its the ring gap not the piston to bore clearance they again said its worn and needs a resleeve what ever one of those is I know about a replate or liner a resleeve really !!! .I looked on there tec page and guess what.22mm is bang in the middle of there given parameters sometimes you have to wonder dont you ?its a shame I never recorded the call :) I was also stumped by the 6 thou as thats twice and then some clearance for the bore and way to tight for a ring gap
who was you talking to?
shocky

P*** if that helps

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
shocky

eden wrote:lol ;)
It doesnt bother me that people dont know things just say you dont and try and cuff it ,a reference to the tec side would have been more use and something I would have thought all employees would be aware off .. anyway not a bash at said dealer just an observation that didnt fill me with much confidance
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information