Lost piston ring peg

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
kejj

So, if the RT pistons are dropping pegs, what are the alternatives for the RT195/225 Cylinders? Asso?
eden
Dealer

HxPaul wrote:I've got two scooters with Casa kits using Asso pistons,I've had no problems from either.Should I be worried that the piston skirt on either kit will crack at sometime and wipe the engine out.I've done quite a lot of miles on both kits.This year I put a new set of rings on them and didn't notice anything wrong with the pistons...........then again I didn't look for cracking on the skirt.
When I was using asso pistons years ago I used to change the piston every year due to slight cracks showing where Adam described in his post. The one year I didn't bother because I hadn't done so many miles that year I regretted it. Mid way through the next year I had an inlet skirt fall off at high rpm in 3rd gear as I overtook a car which made its way round the crank and broke a 2 inch hole in the crank case just under the bump stop. That's when I stopped using asso pistons.
As Adam said. Its dependant on how manly miles you do and how hard you push the motor.
Ken Tucky

The things you do to get more air into that engine Eden ....................ha...........ha......
Did you also leave a large skid mark, in your underpants..........................
Scary really on the road eh.

Richard
Jazzy

kejj wrote:So, if the RT pistons are dropping pegs, what are the alternatives for the RT195/225 Cylinders? Asso?
Ron Moss Mitaka piston 70mm a,b,c,d £70 last time I heard.
kejj

Thanks, hope those a,b,c,d correspond to the RT kits A,b,c,d markings.
eden
Dealer

Ken Tucky wrote:The things you do to get more air into that engine Eden ....................ha...........ha......
Did you also leave a large skid mark, in your underpants..........................
Scary really on the road eh.

Richard
embarrassing too not getting past the boy racers in the car :oops: :lol:
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

kejj wrote:Thanks, hope those a,b,c,d correspond to the RT kits A,b,c,d markings.
That's unlikely but if you wrecked the barrel then the replate should be done to match the piston.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

warning we have seen rings wear so much that they have spun over the pegs and blown up at 600 miles!"
I have a T shirt with that on. :roll:
dennis
Main scooter: 1 gp 1 special

Any news about new pistons anyone.
lambro

Just heard from my mate,
MB have replaced the kit with a whole new one.
Top news, :-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information