MB 5 speed box.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
bikegunn
Main scooter: vespa smallframe

This is copied form their site for the €930 version

"The revolutionary new 'Cyclone 5 Speed' complete 5 speed gearbox kit for Lambretta S1 S2 S3 GP DL and Serveta models. These are BATCH 5 kits that have the Supreme type gear cluster.This is the Standard Cyclone kit designed for all NON-reedvalved engine Lambretta's with up to 20cv /bhp. If you have a reed-valved engine with over 20cv/bhp, please purchase the 'Supreme Plus' version of the Cyclone. "
a.j

What if you have a reed vale at 14 BHP? Image
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Phew,that's ok. I'm probably over 20hp now with the Mikeck but still piston ported. Had me worried then.
GP Kevo
Main scooter: 1969 150 DL / GP225 TS1

I'm buying one, a very little at at a time, and at 1100 pounds, it's a good price when you compare it with a Cyclone 5 Supreme Plus.
ulyssescale

I would like to bring one of these into the USA, but I haven't heard back from the MB crew about how to put my money on their bench.
A chicken ain't nothing but a bird.
sydduckett

Does this come with a packer? If not how have they been able to do what Rimmini struggle with, ie getting all gears to mesh without requiring more space?
22/2

sydduckett wrote:Does this come with a packer? If not how have they been able to do what Rimmini struggle with, ie getting all gears to mesh without requiring more space?
What are you going to pack?, if you moved the end plate out, you'd need to move the clutch out, the the front sprocket plus a longer lay shaft, chain case & probably more, they have to fit in the 4 speed space.

I think the claim is in the quality/strength of the materials to reduce the size of the gears with ever increasing power for them to cope with.

Rich
sydduckett

22/2 wrote:
sydduckett wrote:Does this come with a packer? If not how have they been able to do what Rimmini struggle with, ie getting all gears to mesh without requiring more space?
What are you going to pack?, if you moved the end plate out, you'd need to move the clutch out, the the front sprocket plus a longer lay shaft, chain case & probably more, they have to fit in the 4 speed space.

I think the claim is in the quality/strength of the materials to reduce the size of the gears with ever increasing power for them to cope with.

Rich
I did wonder. So its the same as rimini then apart thats its more expensive and hasnt been tested on more than 2 bikes at this point in time? I have to wonder why you would pay more money for a first version of a box when you can buy one cheaper thats been revised a number of times with issues dealt with?
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Well, the implication is that it's been designed right the first time. So doesn't need you to roll one trouser leg up, tickle a goats unmentionables, drill holes to inspect your navel etc, in order to shim it correctly to stop it self destructing...

You pays your money you takes your chance...
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
ulyssescale

I put a Cyclone in a friend's engine. I was meticulous. I am not a person who cuts corners and I am thorough. The engine put out prolly about 20 hp - nothing crazy. The Cyclone chucked out a couple teeth. The cluster was replaced. I mean, s**t happens. Does this mean Dean is an idiot and everyone at Rimini is a jackass? Of course not. People have got to drop this ego s**t and just accept that stuff happens. There are Avanti kits with problems, RB kits with plating coming off, AF crankshafts twisting out with RB20 kits, BGM craptastic stators, BGM RT kits with cylinder studs that are made from cheese, etc. We are asking for the moon with this stuff and being complete f@@king children when s**t goes south. "Hurry! Run to the internet and post some stuff!" Not everything happens in a vacuum. You reach out to the people who can sort you out and if it isn't satisfactory you spend your money elsewhere.

f@@king chill out.
A chicken ain't nothing but a bird.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information