MB 5 speed box.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

czeckson wrote:EUR. 930 = GBP 650
those Italians try to fool you
Web site is now showing....EUR €930.00
GBP £651.00
............................ :D
eden
Dealer

read today that Mark is guaranteeing the gearbox up to 100 bhp :lol:

my opinion on the gearbox is that if its viable to make them and people are willing to pay the asking price then why not, good luck to him!
Toot-oasc
Main scooter: Lambretta

Timbo wrote:
czeckson wrote:EUR. 930 = GBP 650
those Italians try to fool you
Web site is now showing....EUR €930.00
GBP £651.00
............................ :D

Might get another one at that price. The £-€ is pretty good at the moment.

Got two Cyclone boxes already and had no issues with hard riding with a five speed Cyclone box fitted, so would happily recommend one to others.

As has already been said, if you take your time and ensure it is fitted accordingly with plenty of access for oil in the right places then there shouldn't be any issues.

Just my humble, but informed experienced, opinion, of course. ;)
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

To be fair I think mine only failed because it was fitted incorrectly. It was fitted as part of a brand new engine package from a dealer. When it failed ( after 30 miles ) I stripped it out and there was a lot of wear ( for the mileage ) and it was very uneven. As I understand it the lining up of the cluster and loose gear teeth is very critical and tricky to achieve. It's a lovely box for riding but I'm not confident in mine anymore.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

I had one from the 2nd batch and was fine but it was re called anyway,fitted the new one from the 3rd batch and been in for a fair few miles. Like Dean said to me,ride it like you normally would with full confidence and i have done. Been absolutely spot on.
dave wheeler

what he said!
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

Had mine in a couple of years and no problems in a tuned TS1. I've missed gears a few times and never slam it into first on downshifts . Building a new motor soon that should be 30 ish hp and seriously considering trying another as it'll be hard going back to four speed.
bikegunn
Main scooter: vespa smallframe

The version currently on RLC is the under 20bhp version. Does anyone know Whether they are going to do anymore of the supreme version?
shocky

bikegunn wrote:The version currently on RLC is the under 20bhp version. Does anyone know Whether they are going to do anymore of the supreme version?
Theres a supreme plus version I was told its F1 material and good for over 40 bhp in march I was quoted £1500 :D
ive no interest myself prefering the 4 experiance ;)
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

bikegunn wrote:The version currently on RLC is the under 20bhp version. Does anyone know Whether they are going to do anymore of the supreme version?
Rimini actually state it's for under 20hp?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information