Belt drive fitting

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Pompeydave
Main scooter: 1970 GP125

I've also got a belt drive kit that I bought from a well known auction site in 2013. No instructions came with it, but it is new and complete. There's an issue with the oil throw washer though- do I retain it? It would appear that the belt will rub on it if I leave the washer on. There is also a steel collar which seems to fit at one end or the other of the crank sprocket- it could go on the inside to hold the sprocket further off the crank case (but then the belt looks slightly kinked) or it goes on the outside which leaves the belt fouling the throw washer. Any ideas anyone? :?
Pompeydave

Ok, I've fitted this tonight- ignore the front sprocket spring, I realised it's not needed with this setup.

This doesn't look quite right to me- the belt isn't sitting naturally on all three rollers.

Again, this looks mighty close to the endplate.

I managed to work out that the front sprocket should be set up like this. Not sure about what torque to set the bolt at though? Also, I don't know how tight the belt should be? I assume pretty tight otherwise it'll slip over the teeth.

Dunno, any idea's anyone? Might be fine as it is?
coaster

Camlam used to sell them, maybe worth giving them a call.

Colin
ArmandTanzarian

What is the advantage of a belt system?
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Pompeydave

It's supposed to give a smoother running, quieter engine with less friction than a chain. Reckoned to be good for 40,000 km's too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information