WHAT IGNITION???????????

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
shamrockexpress

So building a GT186 and GT200 what ignitions is going to suit...........have been looking at the following,
first call was Rich t he is using the aprillia ignition seems a good job but needs a battery and seems a little technical for my mechanical ability so will pass on that really would like plug and play........
which leaves me with the following: scootopia tutto lambretta ducati ignition varitronic
casa varitronic
bgm / sil (but would like advance/ retard)
most important is reliability and adjustable power curve, SO ANY THOUGHTS ANYONE?
a.j

The two lads I ride with that own GT186 kits have BGM ignitions with augusto 6000's attached. Reliable? Very.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I've gone for the BGM ignition (stator/cdi/regulator) with a mid-weight AF flywheel. I've used the M-Tech for the adjustable advance/retard. 10k miles and no problems.

I did use a Varitronic (with no issues) but was concerned if this ever broke on a rally/away from home spares may be an issue. The beauty of the BGM system is that the stator and the other bits are all interchangeable with other manufacturers (SIL, etc). The M-Tech (if it ever fails) can simply be disconnected, timing adjusted and back to running static.
eden
Dealer

Indian rewired stator with a kheper programmable CDI if you can find one as they have all gone for now... I'm still running two of them :)
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

mick1 wrote:I've gone for the BGM ignition (stator/cdi/regulator) with a mid-weight AF flywheel. I've used the M-Tech for the adjustable advance/retard. 10k miles and no problems.

I did use a Varitronic (with no issues) but was concerned if this ever broke on a rally/away from home spares may be an issue. The beauty of the BGM system is that the stator and the other bits are all interchangeable with other manufacturers (SIL, etc). The M-Tech (if it ever fails) can simply be disconnected, timing adjusted and back to running static.
I second that.

BGM stator
AF mid flywheel
Mtech ign box
BGM CDI
BGM regulator

Simple, effective, available, interchangeable.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

eden wrote:Indian rewired stator with a kheper programmable CDI if you can find one as they have all gone for now... I'm still running two of them :)
this is the combo i would go for; mabee not available rite now but intachangeable
C’est la vie
Pepot
Main scooter: servetta LI150 serieIII GT186

I'm using a BGM stator, wassel regulador and Khepper CDI on my GT 186. Had a problem with a varitronic blowing the reed petals.
Btw,does anibody know what's up with Olivier Ross? (Khepper seller). He's not answering any email nor the requests sent to his site where he announces that a new version is going to be released soon.
shamrockexpress

Will be going down the BGM stator and flywheel with kehper if I can get any response from him......

ANYBODY GOT A KEHPER FOR SALE????????????????????????????????pm me please.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Might be wrong but wasn't there an issue with the BGM flywheel and some of the auto/retard units ?
shamrockexpress

You maybe right,,,,,,,,,,,,although I know the mtech didn't work with the early AF Ducati flywheels>>>
I might just go for the lightweight Af newer version I think some of the other guys on here run them ok!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information