just not right

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
roofis303
Main scooter: gp 125

bike won't start without choke when started it wants to bog down . i am running a mugello with a 42mm af clubman with a 28 delay carb . i am just not getting the full throttle when running flat out . the bike seems to be holding back a bit . i have changed cdi also new plug i am running a 53 idle jet and 110 main jet . the bike just wants to bog down on idle and its just not pulling like a train flat out i am only getting about 45 mpg bike wants to give more at high revs but just being held back some how . i have strobed the timing all is fine . next thing to try is the stator pick up . i plan on changing that out this week . and then check to see if i have a cracked ring . any help would be good i am have tried everything with this thing and still no where . when idle and i blip the throttle the bike just wants to bog down also …… any ideas what to try next
Architecten
Main scooter: Allwyn Pushpak GP125 (RT200)

Choke cable sat correctly into carb? Had a similar problem last year that I eventually solved with the jetting... discovered this year the cable outer was too long effectively engaging the choke.
coaster

Regarding 'holding back' check to make sure the slide in the carb fully opens on full throttle. I have twice had issues with this, once when the cable pulled through the screw nipple in the headset and another time when the throttle pulley was getting caught on the speedo casing :?
onefortheroad
Main scooter: Li125 series 2

You running through the airbox?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information