mugello issues

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Simple test on the stand in neutral......Rev the f@@ker to the limit and hold for 3 or 4 seconds. If it revs out on the stand in neutral but not on the road.....its jetting. If it won't Rev on stand and seems to 'bounce' or hit a rev limiter....then it's electrical (most likely stator).
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

Swap the CDI out first.
dave411
Main scooter: Li 125

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:Simple test on the stand in neutral......Rev the f@@ker to the limit and hold for 3 or 4 seconds. If it revs out on the stand in neutral but not on the road.....its jetting. If it won't Rev on stand and seems to 'bounce' or hit a rev limiter....then it's electrical (most likely stator).
Thats good advice :) :)
roofis303
Main scooter: gp 125

i am thinking the same cdi or stator . i will be changing this out first thing tomorrow to see if it changes things . fingers crossed
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

First thought was that the pipe was holding it back but if it was the same with PM pipe then it's not that. IMO your carb' is set up far too rich. You should be on no more than about a 120 main jet, 50 pilot and maybe change your needle to an X7. X2 is a very rich needle combined with AV266 atomiser. I only run a 125 main jet on my 225 Mugello. Are you getting any bogginess anywhere throughout the rev range? You need to do some plug chops at all throttle positions to see just how it is running by looking at the plug, especially after you have changed something in the caarb'

Rich'
roofis303
Main scooter: gp 125

still the same i agree reg the jets i have a 125 main a 53 pilot and a av266 atomiser and a x2 needle , thats what is in the bike just now .. i am going to down jet it and try the x7 needle arrived today from ebay and got a 50 pilot jet also . changed the plug still no change i changed the cdi no change . next plan is to change the stator pick up should be with me by tuesday and a new 8 stage adjustable cdi unit . see if that changes things a bit i think its deffo a electrical prob and not a jetting issue
red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

HT lead breaking down under load perhaps?
How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Did this ever get resolved ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information