Black series 3 trim?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sydduckett

Looking for somewhere that sells black series 3 floorboard and rubber kits. I think series 3,s only came with Grey as standard, hence the difficulty in finding them. Have used black GP kits for the rubbers and floorboards but have problems with both, horncase rubbers to short & wrong fitings cos of the sharks teeth... :evil:

Ta
sef
DJ200

Look in the 1970's Original workshop manual, (the one with the plastic spine); lo and behold there is a photo of an SX with, wait for it, BLACK TRIM! Yet, if you talk to some Lambretta Know It All's they will claim, as you suggest, that SIII's only ever had GREY trim parts. For me, I think the SX looks nicest with the black bits anyway!
Dj
sydduckett

DJ, so where can i get SX black trim?

sef
Rude De
Main scooter: 69 Gp 200 65 Tv 200

Allstyles
sydduckett

Link please rude, cant seem to fins em on google
rog60
Main scooter: Indian GP200

NO IT'S NOT A F***IN* MOPED!!!!!!
scootRS.com
Dealer

We make them in black.

We make our own inhouse and they really are MUCH MUCH better quality than the one Italian type resold by Meceur/Casa to all the shops, and still half the price.

I've added them to the dealer innovation forum; not sure a lot of people know about them yet.

Go here to see more photos and for links.

Cheers.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

DJ200 wrote:Look in the 1970's Original workshop manual, (the one with the plastic spine); lo and behold there is a photo of an SX with, wait for it, BLACK TRIM! Yet, if you talk to some Lambretta Know It All's they will claim, as you suggest, that SIII's only ever had GREY trim parts. For me, I think the SX looks nicest with the black bits anyway!
Dj
Are you sure it's not a Serveta? I understand Spanish scooters had black trim.

Randall. While the quality of the moulding on your trim is very good, and having purchased a set on the basis of that, I was disappointed to find that the heads of the screws you use are round and in some cases could not be tightened up. This is a flaw that you need to look at I think.
scootRS.com
Dealer

>>the heads of the screws you use are round and in some cases could not be tightened up. This is a flaw that you need to look at

Already fixed.

Stock was all melted down and redone many months back, as soon as I found out the specified bolt heads weren't used. (They were round with a nut and it would push up if over-torqued.) Only found out after a bit; normally it didn't happen.

If you need a replacement for yours, send an email in with the info and we'd be happy to change it.
Ian Hepworth

Randall, can you make the two small LI ones (the ones that go on the legshields rather than the rear runners) but in black. That would sort the original posters problem out runner wise.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information