ts1 best gearbox ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
woody

Whats the best gearbox to use on a ts1 225 ? was thinking of sx200 but what should the front sprocket and crown wheel be ? cheers
shocky

Depends on lots of factors , tune , carb , pipe weight my choice is indian GP WITH 19T front spocket and 47T rear I like the longer 3rd and the pic up in 4th
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

As above and I'm 17 stone,cheers,Speedy.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Even with a standard TS1 the choice of exhaust makes a massive difference to what gearing you'll require. If you look on AF's site, AF's fitting instructions, Sticky's manual, or a number of other places, they suggest top gear ratios for various pipes.
kevspeed

Im looking at the Indian 200 box using 19x47 myself,but i have heard that my choice of pipe will affect it,im not a fan of big end cans sticking out the side of series 1 and 2 machines,so i opted for the JL 'Curly',hopefully this set up will work for me,as i dont plan to get the TS tuned!
shocky

Hope it "rockets" to 92mph .....
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
kevspeed

If i can get it to rev over 7k pulling my TV200 box with a 17 tooth it might!!
woody

right i,m using old skool gear for this , 34mm amal powerjet and msc micron, barrel is standard but head is a reworked ralph saxelby one , now what everbodys best suggestion please
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

close ratio gearbox is best, ive bought them off rayspeed in the past, dont think they make them anymore,last one i got was from joe at drax, they give you a high first gear but once your away the close ratios help to accellerate nicely without dropping out of your powerband, top speed will depend on which front and rear spocket you use, that sprocket ratio is linked to the torque that the engine produces,exhuast and other modifications come into play as well.
holty
joespeed

still have a few close ratio boxes for sale!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information