ts1 best gearbox ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
golf19gt
Main scooter: lambretta ts1 230

How much are they
Muttley McLadd

woody wrote:right i,m using old skool gear for this , 34mm amal powerjet and msc micron, barrel is standard but head is a reworked ralph saxelby one , now what everbodys best suggestion please
Could you get Ralph to mod the barrel for you? One he did for me ran a DJ/Micron with a 34 mil amal on it. Easily pulled 17x46 on an Li box, two up with a 10 stone chick on the back.
CakeAndArseParty
woody

Muttley McLadd wrote:
woody wrote:right i,m using old skool gear for this , 34mm amal powerjet and msc micron, barrel is standard but head is a reworked ralph saxelby one , now what everbodys best suggestion please
Could you get Ralph to mod the barrel for you? One he did for me ran a DJ/Micron with a 34 mil amal on it. Easily pulled 17x46 on an Li box, two up with a 10 stone chick on the back.
the barrell has been modded very slightly and built by ralph years ago with a sx200 box but was stolen and trashed years ago including the gearbox , i replaced it with a li150 which is all i had but it doesnt seem as fast and i can,t remember what the set up was ( chain ,sprocket etc ) which is why i was leaning back towards the sx box , but now people are recommending indian gp200 box and as for getting ralph to do more work , i havn,t got as much money as i used to have lol
Jazzy

I run a ts1 200 amal 34mm and Micron.

Used a pacemaker with 16-47 very revvy great fun on the twisties, but lacked top speed.

Indian gp 19-47, much better cruising 70 ish but nasty gap between 3&2 when working the bike around the lanes.

SX200 might be a haapy medium. Just don't gear too high.
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

7000 miles on my cyclone 5 and love it.... pricey and a real pain to shim. I whipped it out the other week when I fit a LTH cluch and it looks like new.
woody

Thanks everyone for there input on this , i,m heading towards sx200 with 15/46 , cassette clutch ,34mm amal powerjet and msc micron .
ricalnic
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Monza 225

joespeed wrote:still have a few close ratio boxes for sale!
Many thanks for the gearbox, new and mint, arrived promptly, that'll be a task to do when the scoots off the road during the winter.
Much appreciated.

Ricalnic
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

i guess you bought the close ratio box off joe, good choice, you might have to experiment with sprockets to get your best top end, and your first gear will be quite long, after that you will love this type of box, helps you to keep in the powerband when changing up, and no big ratio jump when changing down gear. :D
ricalnic
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Monza 225

Aye, looking forward to it after the challenges of 3rd-4th on Italian gp200 box. 19x46 on Italian gp200 box was a challenge to far and ended up on 18x47 on my Monza 225 with Franspeed race, but with this box am hoping to go 19x47.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information