BGM Rear Shock

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
patrick
Main scooter: gp ts1 225

I bought one of the early BGM shocks with the white springs many years ago but never got around to fitting it. Anyway when I took it out the box at the weekend oil had obviously leaked out :cry:

Has anyone rebuilt one of these shocks?
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I don't know what the availability is like around your parts, but it would be easier to change it. I wouldn't have thought it should leak like that regardless.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Doom Patrol wrote: but it would be easier to change it.
I doubt it as it's probably a few years old and well out of warranty, used or unused. If the supplier took it back they'd be in the same boat with the manufacturer.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

There is that.
CPH Lambretta
Main scooter: DL 150 1970

There were seal problems with alot of the early BGM shocks, try contacting Scooter Center.
Slow is the new fast!
Toot-oasc
Main scooter: Lambretta

corrado wrote:
I doubt it as it's probably a few years old and well out of warranty, used or unused. If the supplier took it back they'd be in the same boat with the manufacturer.
Martin

Understand your position as a dealer/supplier, but surely the manufacture would be easily able to tell that the part is unused and has never been fitted?

If it was mine I'd be seeking to return it to the manufacture, through the dealer you bought it from, and I would expect a refund or replacement?

Surely it is not too much to at least return it to the manufacture FOC?

Lambretta part or not, if the item is clearly defective (an unused rear shocker leaking oil in the box is clearly defective) then Trading Standards would be the place to go if the manufacture wasn't interested initially.
shamrockexpress

Had mine a year before i fitted it and after 2 weeks of light use seal had went and leaking oil.
sent back to MB and replaced straight away no issues .
It was clearly obvious the shock was new and faulty like a good few of the early batches they got back,,,,,,,,,

nothing to lose by sending it back.
good luck
dave411
Main scooter: Li 125

Toot-oasc wrote:
corrado wrote:
Martin

Understand your position as a dealer/supplier, but surely the manufacture would be easily able to tell that the part is unused and has never been fitted?

If it was mine I'd be seeking to return it to the manufacture, through the dealer you bought it from, and I would expect a refund or replacement?

Surely it is not too much to at least return it to the manufacture FOC?

Lambretta part or not, if the item is clearly defective (an unused rear shocker leaking oil in the box is clearly defective) then Trading Standards would be the place to go if the manufacture wasn't interested initially.
If its older tha a 12 month,then they dont need to do anything,new or used.But its worth a go,or maybe pay them to repair it.
dave411
Main scooter: Li 125

Do they have trading standards in Johannesburg?
patrick
Main scooter: gp ts1 225

Thanks to everyone for your advice on this.

I was today contacted by Philipp from Scooter Centre and he has offered to resolve this for me :D .

Really happy - excellent customer service !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information