MBD Race Tour Clutch

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Magalluf

Hi All

I have been in the man cave today trying to install a MBD race tour 47tooth crownwheel and Spider. The problema is when I torque the bolt up both parts wont turn independently. I have tried the same crownwheel and spider on two diferent engines with the same result, I then try a SIL GP crownwheel and spider on the same two engines and it works perfectly. This is really worrying me as it took me a long time to stash the cash for said crownwheel and spider and I thought MBD parts were good quality plug and play parts.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Put the spider in the crownwheel, lay it face down on the bench and place a flat edge across the back. The centre of the spider should be higher than the crownwheel but only by about 0.1 of a mm.

If not it will not work properly, as you tighten the nut the spider will pull down into the crownwheel and jam them together.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Magalluf

I have tried this today and I can't see that it's higher or not. When I spin the crownwheel round I can hear it scraping against the metal rule.

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Sounds like not enough clearance, phone MB
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Andoni
Main scooter: SX-200 Eibar

I agree with rosscla
The shim in- between the chritmass three and the spider must be flat, in good condition too... only needs to touch the spider, never the crownwheel once you tight the clutch locking nut
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

MB sell shims to fit on the spider if it is too long so they may do one to fit on top of the clutch shim. If not , a Cyclone one could be used or why not flat the crownwheel centre on a sheet of emery?
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

wack 63 wrote:MB sell shims to fit on the spider if it is too long so they may do one to fit on top of the clutch shim. If not , a Cyclone one could be used or why not flat the crownwheel centre on a sheet of emery?
I used a sharpening stone and a drop of oil. Gently lapped in for 2 minutes and it was spot on.
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

send it back get a replacement
C’est la vie
Magalluf

Sending it back isn´t really an option. I live in Spain so it will cost me 20 pounds postage and a month waiting.
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

Magalluf wrote:Sending it back isn´t really an option. I live in Spain so it will cost me 20 pounds postage and a month waiting.
claim the postage back from mb
C’est la vie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information