annoying over rev

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
scooterslag

bristolmod wrote:what do you want to do? I may be in N Devon this week after Tuesday (depends when John Lewis get their finger out and let me know when my furniture is ready), or failing that it will be the following week. Whereabouts are you?
I'm just down the road in Barnstaple- what sort of time will you be in the area? I'm at work until 5.00pm so maybe the postal option is easier?
The mack daddy on the left!
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

which evers best for you- if you let me have your details via PM I'll get the bits in the post tomorrow (hopefully)- we can sort the post cost out later.

I've got:-

spring; top ramp bit; 15T sprocket ; sleeve.

They'll need a bit of a clean up but are all "Innocenti" marked.

Just one thought- the 14mm bolt is it the correct one? If they are a tad long it can give rise to a situation where the spring isn't compressed enough causing "overriding" Just a thought.

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
scooterslag

bristolmod wrote:which evers best for you- if you let me have your details via PM I'll get the bits in the post tomorrow (hopefully)- we can sort the post cost out later.

I've got:-

spring; top ramp bit; 15T sprocket ; sleeve.

They'll need a bit of a clean up but are all "Innocenti" marked.

Just one thought- the 14mm bolt is it the correct one? If they are a tad long it can give rise to a situation where the spring isn't compressed enough causing "overriding" Just a thought.

Chris
Interesting, never thought about the bolt- I presumed (fatal that I know) that they were all the same length.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

packed and will be in post tomorrow- Ist class Small Parcels cost £3.30

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
scooterslag

bristolmod wrote:packed and will be in post tomorrow- Ist class Small Parcels cost £3.30

Chris
Thanks Chris, if you PM me your PayPal address I'll sort you out the cash. Paul
stokky

Had this a few times on mates bikes.

Fix is to make 100% sure you've lined up front splines correctly, even down to marking them with black felt pen so you can see how far they get covered.

Also I now only use the MB one piece front sprocket bolt, you seem to be able to get it tighter. Maybe the thread goes further up the shaft.

Also check crankcase side, there's usually a few marks to show where its caught
scooterslag

stokky wrote:Had this a few times on mates bikes.

Fix is to make 100% sure you've lined up front splines correctly, even down to marking them with black felt pen so you can see how far they get covered.

Also I now only use the MB one piece front sprocket bolt, you seem to be able to get it tighter. Maybe the thread goes further up the shaft.

Also check crankcase side, there's usually a few marks to show where its caught
Cheers, good advice, I'll reference all of this tips when I take a look at the engine in the next couple of days. Paul ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information