reed valve suzuki 185

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
dave wheeler

i know many will think why dont you just get a gt kit, but i want to do basicly a reed valve TV175, nothing mental,the ideal will be using a 116mm con rod. clubman style box, really good mpg and if it can hold 60mph with a bit spare that would be fine, anyone running a similar set up, or have any comments, experiences ect
olliewtf
Main scooter: Lambretta Li S3

I recently ported my Sr barrel with 60x116 crank (from Harry Barlow, great price btw) so up to 195cc. I would love to reed valve in the future, but currently running 28mm phbh and jl3 plus variable ignition. Harry did the head for me too, again very reasonable and he has alot of experience with this conversion.
I opted for the beexspeed Suzuki piston. Although I think a genuine mitaka would've been better.
Keep an eye on your transfer timing and base your tune around it; with a reed valve you have a bit more leeway.
I will be following with I interest!
Are you porting the barrel yourself? Any ideas on timings yet?
Best of luck!
P.s. which reed valve are you going for?
dave wheeler

thanks for that, im probably going for the lth reed, but thats not set in stone, i would love harry to do the work but he never answers his emails! would appreciate a contact number,hows your motor for vibes and fuel consumption? i hadnt considered a 60 stroke crank, also do you mind pming me with cost he charged so i have a ballpark figure to work with
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Pro porting

olliewtf
Main scooter: Lambretta Li S3

just to clarify i did the porting myself and what i did wouldve been very different to what harry wouldve done.

It is really smooth at higher revs, vibrates more just above tickover but i did notice that has more to do with the exhaust fastening!

fuel consumption is a bit s**t, about 35mpg, but i do have long inlet duration.

crank was 200 quid. head profile was around 20 quid, he also chucked in clutch springs and head gaskets gratis as he really is a great guy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information