nickel plating

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
carlos fandango

Good stuff Hendy it looks good , ill get mine done :)
i cant believe your orig post was nearly a year ago !!
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
gaz_powell

hendy - where did you get the coating done ?
innocenti69
Main scooter: taffspeed 205 li,

I would have finished off the welding before i went for the plating.Looks like its been welded by stevie wonder with his toes.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

gaz_powell wrote:hendy - where did you get the coating done ?
Premier plating in Prudhoe, just next to the station. About half way betwixt Blaydon and Hexham.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

hendy wrote:
carlos fandango wrote:I thought about doj g this on a RM clubman ive got .
I did think it woulx just burn ofc the down pipe though ??
Id be interested in seeing it after a few hundred miles :)
Here it is after "a few hundred miles". I can't be any more accurate than that as my speedo stopped working last summer. The chap who did it said that it might burn off but he'd never tried it before. Anyway, it's worked for me.

Possibly worth noting that it was electroless plated. I've no idea if that affects its durability or not.

Hi I'm thinking of having this done to my new Gori but am worried that the process may damage/dissolve any internal sound deadening. How do you get on with yours now?
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

aye, I was worried too, but as I have a cavalier attitude I went ahead anyway. No problems to date.

Just to put it in perspective, using electroless plating process you can actually plate a pair of shoes (feet ones, not brake ones) or any other solid object for that matter. So I guess it's possible that it reduces the effectiveness of the wadding, but not so that I've noticed.

I've just bought a GP50 for my TS1 and will be getting it nickel plated as soon as I've had it fitted, fettled etc. but don't run the engine before plating as it destroys the chemicals if the exhaust is full of oil and soot. New unused pipes only
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information