remote air filter position

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
shocky

Hot dirty air is less dense so you would run rich I dont see how that would cause a seize but im always open to new explainations
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Jxmiddle
Main scooter: GP250 69 targa twin

Do you think it makes any difference if you keep the air scoop allowing it to direct air down into the gap where the airbox is? Assuming of course you've got a seat that allows that and a standard tank.

John
db67

"Hot dirty air is less dense so you would run rich I dont see how that would cause a seize but im always open to new explainations" good point shocky ! don't know about anyone else's set up but it certainly sorted my problem out running it this way ;) db67
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

I had a similar concern earlier this year regarding a remote filter on a 30mm Dellorto phbh fitted to a Jet 200 which has no hole for the air scoop on the frame loop. According to Ben at AF's, there is enough air generated under the panelwork of a Lambretta for the remote to have sufficient airflow, Mine is set vertically as that is the only position that it would fitcheers, Speedy.
dale61

Hi, after many weeks testing on this very subject I have found that setting my remote filter at the 3.15 position works best for me as I am always running 15mins late!
coaster

You will find that using the 3 o'clock position moves the rubber bellows slightly further away from the panel and thus reducing the amount it is deformed by the side panel. It also helps to use angled plastic plumbing fittings to tuck the filter into the gap above the flywheel.
ANDY FRANCIS
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA GP

Dale if you give me a call i have some new stock of on time remote Air filter systems!
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

run my cam lam breathe easy at 3 O'clock as no where else to put it with the 'tank and a half' set up. The bellow on the 90 degree bend is a little crushed by the panel and the AFR manifold was the tightest I could find to pull it away from the panel. I am contemplating shaving it down 10mm to get the clearance needed to let in more air, but is there a tighter off the shelf manifold that would do this out there ?
coaster

Strummer10 wrote:....I am contemplating shaving it down 10mm to get the clearance needed to let in more air, but is there a tighter off the shelf manifold that would do this out there ?
MB do a shorter rubber that helps a bit too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information