remote air filter position

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
dave wheeler

has anyone done any work on tempretures under the panels? Most bikes seem to have their remote filters in the upright position of a standard air hose, but surely theair is cooler and fresher at a 2.00 oclock postion, nearer the fan cowling, does it even matter? any thoughts?
db67

Mine is at a " 3 o'clock " position facing the rear, runs just fine ;) db67
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

db67 wrote:Mine is at a " 3 o'clock " position facing the rear, runs just fine ;) db67

Mines the same but only because it won't fit anywhere else.... :D
dennis
Main scooter: 1 gp 1 special

Are these positions with a standard manifold or are you using a rimini maxi flusso manifold,if it's a standard manifold has anyone used the rimini manifold and is it any better for filter position?.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Short MB one on mine Dennis......if you have a standard tank they will fit where the air box was otherwise it's at 3 o'clock...or 2.10.... :D
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

mines in the same position as standard ie at 12 o clock, if its anywhere else your either wrong or using the wrong item or falling for some marketing hype
Donnie.
Train Driver

Donnie wrote:mines in the same position as standard ie at 12 o clock, if its anywhere else your either wrong or using the wrong item or falling for some marketing hype
Some of us like a bit of hype :D : :D
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Oh and the hype loves you for sure, get your cheque book out at the slightest hint of a new product that might be the next big thing.

So many (not all) seem more form over substance especially when it comes to longevity.
Donnie.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

The orientation of the filter shouldn't make any difference to the function as long as it has free flow of air.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
db67

Totally agree with you rosscla, its all about obtaining the best airflow, had a major heat seize running it at the 12 o'clock position going to mersea island one year ,we put it down to the fact that it was right above the cylinder cowling breathing hot "dirty" air, as on a standard set up the filter box relies on cool air coming from the scoop, i ran it the rest of the way at the 3 o'clock position & all the way home again without another problem! have ran this way ever since, seems to work for me. db67
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information