GP rear light housing

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Jxmiddle
Main scooter: GP250 69 targa twin

I bought an LED light panel for my GP but the plastic light housing has the reflector holding the bulb built into it. Someone told me you can get plastic housings that you can fit LED panels into but I can't find any on the net. Any suggestions?

Thanks

John
barnsleybilly
Main scooter: Li200

The best I've seen for adapting is the Italian Bosatta rear light units but they all need some butchery to a degree and the LED panel sticking to the inside of the light housing with silicone but once the lens is attached no-one will see anything.
Last edited by barnsleybilly on Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

The Scomadi one allegedly fits but you need to tinker with the wiring a bit.

On the LED one I have I just put two self tappers into the plastic housing, the silvering was worn off the reflector anyway.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Jxmiddle
Main scooter: GP250 69 targa twin

Thanks guys.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

yes you can get a gp rear light thats flat on the inside, ive got two,im sure they are indian, they have a metal bulb holder screwed on, that uses festoon bulbs. it is easy to cut the plastic out though with a dremil on any plastic gp rear light.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Just silicone it on,,,easy...
shocky

The scomadi one is very bright on a dc conversion the only mod you need do is cut the multi block connector off and add your prefered type of connector either bullet or spade I belive there italian made as well altho that doesnt ensure any type of quality assurance .
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

I don't know if you have anything like this in the UK but I run this on my DL (with its factory tail light housing).

http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/867694/01477

Works PERFECT with no cutting, modifying or other nonsense. Direct replacement for a standard lamp and works just fine on AC and DC setups. Also, they are bright.

If you can't get them locally just let me know. I'd be happy to send some across the pond.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information