Legshields

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
chippy

Are all series 3 non chrome ring legshields ( LI/tv/SX) the same shape? I know my eyesight ain't brilliant but some look wider at top than others.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Just to be picky the LI and TV wouldn't have had non chrome ring legshields. Unless it was a LI4 or a very late TV200, which aren't supposed to exist.

Some legshields are squarer in appearance. But you see that on chrome ring models and on the SX. I think it's probably due to a particular press or manufacturer. Or it could even be the way they were stacked in the factory. I don't suppose we will ever know really.
Doom Patrol

I think he means the shoulders Jason.
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

Doom Patrol wrote:... or a very late TV200, which aren't supposed to exist.

For a bike that does not exist I've personally worked on 1 and have seen at least 3 others. All have been non battery bikes with battery stators and plastic rollers in the headset. Very much SX style.

When it comes to Innocenti almost anything goes with what's normal. As for what is common equipment, it's covered in Sticky's book pretty well.
Doom Patrol

No, no, no. You must have been hallucinating Grumpy. :lol:

I'm happy that they exist. But the subject has got some people worked up in the past.
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

Doom Patrol wrote:No, no, no. You must have been hallucinating Grumpy. :lol:

I'm happy that they exist. But the subject has got some people worked up in the past.
yeah it's pretty funny sometimes. I have photos somewhere of the 200 I worked on. Total restoration down to the cad plated hardware. MrG in NYC owns it now.

I think they were just a US market thing around the end of the TV line because they are basically SX200's with TV200 numbers and parts.

And to stay on topic, the CR legshield has a different curve at the top center. The outer corners should be the same unless they are reworked or modified.
chippy

Doom Patrol wrote:I think he means the shoulders Jason.
That's it, technical term for top, just in process of building a Spanish LI and it has no leghields so after looking at numerous different ones some just seemed broader at the top (shoulder) maybe just me
CPH Lambretta
Main scooter: DL 150 1970

All late model series 3s were non chrome ring LI 125/150 or TV 175/200 or 125/150 Special, the non chrome ring thing was phased in while these bikes were in production. And all SX models are non chrome ring.
Slow is the new fast!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information