Cast iron VS Aluminium cylinder

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
El__burro

Is there a template for port clearing that I could print and stick to the barrel to start cutting/filing the ports.

Thanks
El__burro
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

El__burro wrote:Is there a template for port clearing that I could print and stick to the barrel to start cutting/filing the ports.

Thanks
El__burro
Just use a base gasket as a template.
corrado
Dealer

druist wrote: if you had a 175 iron some tuning done would it be worth going upto 190cc or wouldnt the gain be that much. Some seem to say 10 - 15mph extra which seems a fair bit. Are any of the low end kits worthwhile if tuned well or is an imola, rapido, mugello type kit needed?
The Mugello is hard to beat as an all around kit and it'll work well with a small carb and clubman or a big carb and expansion exhaust. Might be worthwhile matching the barrel to casings but apart from that it's pretty much plug and play. The ebay type SR kits are about one third of the cost but they're rarely plug and play so there's the expense of having it worked on plus P&P charges to take into consideration, plus the cost of fuel and time running it in for 1000 miles (it's more difficult than you think). I know of a Mugello kit that's done over 40,000 miles, i'm willing to bet that an SR kit won't do half of that including it's rebores up to 200cc.
El__burro

Should the port widening be the same size at the other end of the barrel?

Thanks
EB
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

You can match your cylinder to you inlet/ exhaust manifolds quite easily with a dremel. You can also open up the transfers and smooth them and match them to your casing the same way. Yours looks no different to mine when I bought it and cleaned up quite nicely.
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
druist

corrado, i just love it when you reply to a thread, i get to see you avatar again :baddevil:
corrado
Dealer

The original moved, I'll leave that to your imagination.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information