it shouldnt work but it bloody flies!!!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
alcoholic maniacs sc
Main scooter: 6 volt mobility spaz chariot

verified with GPS 65mph on the flat for about 60 secs fairly easily held. plug colour golden brown centre with slightly darker edges, perfect.thats good going for a 150
if such a cheap and cheerful setup can produce a modest but still quick scooter then all the fannying around with setting up various tuning parts are only giving a modest increase for the money. my mugello 200 will do 70 with a 19 front sprocket and it will be quicker on hills, even with a pillion. but it cost 10 times as much and has been no more reliable, in fact its been more hassle. im rediscovering the 17 year olds engine budget and wondering if i was as hard done to as we all remember. i mean i used to get everywhere in the end!!!
Alcoholic maniacs social club. out f@@k,out fight and out booze 'em.
Lamaddict

Too much clever and expensive stuff out there for a few more MPH. I'm running a scoot with an AF175 kit on, 20mm Dellorto, Clubman and points. All cheap as chips, I keep up with most scoots and people have asked me a few times if it's a 200.
scooterslag

Lamaddict wrote:Too much clever and expensive stuff out there for a few more MPH. I'm running a scoot with an AF175 kit on, 20mm Dellorto, Clubman and points. All cheap as chips, I keep up with most scoots and people have asked me a few times if it's a 200.
Very true, just think people like spending the cash on the latest go-faster goodies just for one upmanship and bragging rights
The mack daddy on the left!
Meds
Main scooter: Li125s

I can see how up gearing a 125s would work, my 125s flew up to 50 and was a joy to ride, just too slow for modern traffic on the open road. Some minor tinkering could make it better.

After returning to scootering on a bog standard LI 150, then discovering you are just a obsticle/target for other road users I can see why people buy clever expensive stuf to try and make them go faster reliably.

Picture the conversation after I had just narrowly avoided smashing into the rear of some blokes prize dTSI XR7 sports type.
What the F@ck are you playing at.
Look mate I'm on a 50 year old shopping bike with drum brakes , I couldn't out brake you with a parachute so don't pull in front of me and brake like that or I'm going to smash into you.
alcoholic maniacs sc
Main scooter: 6 volt mobility spaz chariot

ahhhh yes of course theres the fly in my new found ointment. at 65 flat out ive got to brake in an emergancy and ive been enjoying the lamentable stopping power of new brakeshoes. this winters project is converting the rear to jockey boxenstop set up to get a least an alternative to swerving . :roll:
Alcoholic maniacs social club. out f@@k,out fight and out booze 'em.
Special X
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special 230cc

Dave Webster said in his tuning manual that a standard barrel with large carb and decent pipe could be surprisingly fast. . . . . . . . . . looks like he was right.
Lamaddict

^ I was thinking the same thing yesterday, maybe we've missed something that Innocenti had already thought about with the standard configuration with the crank, neck etc. I appeciate there's some clever, clever tuners out there.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

And it is not a surprise to find the Two Four supplied 30mm PHBH Dellortos as a bolt-on goodie back in the day.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information