EGT sensa

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rossi46

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
rossi46 wrote:at the end of the day the technology is out there to fuel inject your scooter, which will be the best way ! but also f*****g expensive.!
Yes, I believe Bimota tried it on their V-Due 500cc road going beast....it was an out and out failure. I wouldnt like a fuel injected two-stroke.

But I think, in so far as the EGT/CHT and powerjet situation goes.....quite a few people are refraining from commenting, as a few items are in development from a few people right now, and no one wants to give the game away.

But for my mind, a real trick peice of kit would be this:

A small digital display (base unit), with inputs for 4 add on items (sold seperately so customer does not have to pay £ for the bits theyu dont want - but the base unit will do all).

1) RPM counter to HT lead
2) CHT gauge to head
3) EGT to exhaust
4) Solenoid to powerjet

The unit can toggle between single display of any one item: CHT/EGT/RPM/PJ settings/TIME or display smaller versions of any combination of the above.

And you can preset any of the items (EGT/CHT or RPM) to trigger the solenoid and the PJ clicks and squirts at your desired pre-set temp/RPM.

Now that......i would like to see. :D

DAMN !!! i HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT THAT ALL DAY ! and asking a few of my suupliers and frineds if it is possible to make something reliable and not cheap but reasonable !!!!! :D
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

What did everyone do before all these gadgets were available? You read comments on how you can stop pistons from being holed but thats not down to lack of visible gas temperture.As for "is the temperature guage in your car a gimmick?" most nowadays are water cooled and if you loose water or your fan cut in switch fails then thats good to know but i cant do much about atmospheric temperture cooling my air cooled engine.
soulsurfer

soosh wrote:What did everyone do before all these gadgets were available? You read comments on how you can stop pistons from being holed but thats not down to lack of visible gas temperture.As for "is the temperature guage in your car a gimmick?" most nowadays are water cooled and if you loose water or your fan cut in switch fails then thats good to know but i cant do much about atmospheric temperture cooling my air cooled engine.
Everyone holed pistons before these were available :lol:
Your loosing water analagy equates to, say, a split hose, no?
soulsurfer wrote:They are really usefull, and accurate, for setting up your carb on all throttle positions, but once that's done they are a warning of any impending problem with heat in the cylinder, whether it's a leaking exhaust, head gasket, carb rubber etc. all stuff you would otherwise not necessarily be aware of whilst on the move, unless you're ear is very tuned in or you have great experience, but we're not all like that, are we, so I'm more than happy to use one :D
davidblythe wrote:they are only a tool, when i started with Lambretta's, i had a succession of Holed pistons and heat seizes, that is very much a thing of the past now, only blot in the last 2 years has been a seized race crank from up north
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

rossi46 wrote:at the end of the day the technology is out there to fuel inject your scooter, which will be the best way ! but also f*****g expensive.!

http://www.orbeng.com.au/orbital/testing/motorcycle.htm
How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
Diablo
Dealer

Everyone holed pistons before these were available

And after eh Mike? :lol: Only joking
soulsurfer

Diablo wrote:Everyone holed pistons before these were available

And after eh Mike? :lol: Only joking
:lol: Good point Al, if I'd trusted the guage it wouldn't have happened :roll:
I know the guage works now, to my cost :D

Still, learning on the rebuilt by doing it myself 8-)
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Everyone holed pistons before these were available :lol:

Why? Does a split hose not leak now? Its an example,could be head gaskit.We all holed piston? I shouldnt say it but ive never holed a piston in any of my Lambrettas.Ive always made sure they were tuned by someone who realy does know what they are doing and then payed to have them dyno`d and that was that.I just cant understand why people "cant be without them". It dont cure the problem with your engine ,just lets you know you may have trouble.How many got a GPS and realised that their bike isnt as fast as they thought and started playing with it even though its run fine for years.Now im sure ive seen a post about someone who had fitted an EGT and is running hot but the motor has been fine for ages but the computer says no so there must be a problem.
soulsurfer

soosh wrote:Everyone holed pistons before these were available :lol:

Why? Does a split hose not leak now? Its an example,could be head gaskit.We all holed piston? I shouldnt say it but ive never holed a piston in any of my Lambrettas.Ive always made sure they were tuned by someone who realy does know what they are doing and then payed to have them dyno`d and that was that.I just cant understand why people "cant be without them". It dont cure the problem with your engine ,just lets you know you may have trouble.How many got a GPS and realised that their bike isnt as fast as they thought and started playing with it even though its run fine for years.Now im sure ive seen a post about someone who had fitted an EGT and is running hot but the motor has been fine for ages but the computer says no so there must be a problem.
First of all, my comment of "everyone holed pistons" was a light hearted joke, hence the :lol: and the post from Diablo ;)

It doesn't matter how much you throw at someone to set your scooter up perfectly, you can still get problems with a split hose, leaking exhaust manifold and indeed, as you say, a head gasket or even a fill up with sh1t fuel. Yes, these will still occur, BUT, if you have an EGT guage you may have enough of a warning by the indicated rise in temperature to take evasive action that may cause expensive damage to your engine. In your own words "It dont cure the problem with your engine ,just lets you know you may have trouble", I don't know about others, but this is the reason I have an EGT guage
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information