EGT sensa

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

Rossi46

Have you got a link to the Aim Chrono 4 system
I did have it at one time cant find it

Smiffy
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
rossi46

druist

i got a CHT as well as an EGT havent used both yet, but bought the cht without really knowing what was best. Does anyone have a similar setup, if so what values on both tend to correspond, eg if the cht is as 200c what is the normal egt reading>

thanks
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Egt will respnd quicker if a digi type. You must know how to read them tho. Its not quite as straightforward as many believe.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
rossi46

tony wrote:Egt will respnd quicker if a digi type. You must know how to read them tho. Its not quite as straightforward as many believe.

Thats what I tried to explain earlier Tony, I think you understand being a racer :lol:
DJ 240
Dealer

So what is needed is an automatic adjusting power jet which would kick in at a set temp we no of someone sorting this out as we speak
very clever or as mr DJ has told me fuel injection
cryogenic

I know this debait has gone on for sometime now and theres alot of people for and against these, but in my own experience they are an absolute god send i have the koso egt from cam lam and this device has saved my engine at least three times it has not made me paranoid and always watching the clock because it has a max set temp which you programme yourself, when it reaches this the backlight turns from blue to red and starts flashing which inturn attracts your eye. At this point you`ve two options back off and see if temp decreases or power on with more fuel for cooling this does`nt mean full bore just a slight increase to see if its mechanical failure i.e split rubber or gasket leaking or a natural lean off by the rider with throttle. Surely something as inexpensive as these are which can give a headsup on a potential problem are worth there weight in gold if you think of the cost in time and money for a rebuild. :baddevil:
I RAN OUT OF SICK DAYS SO I DECIDED TO RING IN DEAD
J1MS

DJ 240 wrote:So what is needed is an automatic adjusting power jet which would kick in at a set temp we no of someone sorting this out as we speak
very clever or as mr DJ has told me fuel injection
I put a post aimed towards the Racers, EGT's & Powerjets..... asking or infering that this should be possible.... But the post had no serious responses and died almost as soon as it was posted... except a comment that I remember that went along the lines of Charlie would no best when to use the powerjet to get the most out of his scooter (and this I dont doubt)... What I was pointing out was a similar sensor is used to enrichen existing fuel injection setups, then couldnt this then not be used as a fail safe to protect an engine turning on the powerjet to full flow when the engine gets to a pre determined running temperature... giving the rider a bit of a fail safe just incase that vital moment was lost in the heat of the race... but keep the manual override allowing it to still be manually operated.... Anyone... :?: :?:
rossi46

at the end of the day the technology is out there to fuel inject your scooter, which will be the best way ! but also f*****g expensive.!
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

rossi46 wrote:at the end of the day the technology is out there to fuel inject your scooter, which will be the best way ! but also f*****g expensive.!
Yes, I believe Bimota tried it on their V-Due 500cc road going beast....it was an out and out failure. I wouldnt like a fuel injected two-stroke.

But I think, in so far as the EGT/CHT and powerjet situation goes.....quite a few people are refraining from commenting, as a few items are in development from a few people right now, and no one wants to give the game away.

But for my mind, a real trick peice of kit would be this:

A small digital display (base unit), with inputs for 4 add on items (sold seperately so customer does not have to pay £ for the bits theyu dont want - but the base unit will do all).

1) RPM counter to HT lead
2) CHT gauge to head
3) EGT to exhaust
4) Solenoid to powerjet

The unit can toggle between single display of any one item: CHT/EGT/RPM/PJ settings/TIME or display smaller versions of any combination of the above.

And you can preset any of the items (EGT/CHT or RPM) to trigger the solenoid and the PJ clicks and squirts at your desired pre-set temp/RPM.

Now that......i would like to see. :D
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information