Avanti woes

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Timbo wrote:
mick1 wrote: and did 10K trouble free miles,

....... :? .....thought you had trouble free miles....

But is now done 10,001 miles. :lol:
Special X
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special 230cc

Not all the lubricants made by rock oil are suitable for high performance 2 strokes. I'd use groundsman in a mild tune iron barrel but not in a high performance nicasil with bridged exhaust port. It does look as though there's been a breakdown in lubrication.
eden
Dealer

Special X wrote:Not all the lubricants made by rock oil are suitable for high performance 2 strokes. I'd use groundsman in a mild tune iron barrel but not in a high performance nicasil with bridged exhaust port. It does look as though there's been a breakdown in lubrication.

Do you think chainsaws have iron barrels?

And do you think my iron barrels are mild tunes?

:lol: :roll:

Oh and do you think all GT barrels don't have bridged exhaust ?ports?

Nicasil comes off due to many reasons, .....
Last edited by eden on Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Special X
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special 230cc

Eden, I'm not into argument for arguments sake. Seems if I said my scooter was yellow and white you'd post back and say it was more of a green than a yellow. My iron barrels aren't "mild tunes" either and I'll admit that I use semi synthetic, but an Avanti has a bridged exhaust port and needs the best possible lube.
BTW Ron I'm certainly not having a go at your kit, there's a guy in Wakefield got one and it's astounding . . . . . absolutely trounces most of the TS1s He rides along with, and tractable as well, as being uber reliable.
eden
Dealer

Special X wrote:Eden, I'm not into argument for arguments sake. Seems if I said my scooter was yellow and white you'd post back and say it was more of a green than a yellow. My iron barrels aren't "mild tunes" either and I'll admit that I use semi synthetic, but an Avanti has a bridged exhaust port and needs the best possible lube.
BTW Ron I'm certainly not having a go at your kit, there's a guy in Wakefield got one and it's astounding . . . . . absolutely trounces most of the TS1s He rides along with, and tractable as well, as being uber reliable.

I'm not arguing, I'm just stating the bleeding obvious!

Of all the Bridged barrels I've done which are run on groundsman non have siezed over the bridge or exhaust. The fact it has a bridge is of no consequence as long as the bridge is eased as it should be.
Rick
Main scooter: Jet200

I run goundsman on my avanti now I'm paranoid...I've always rated it and I like the price
servetakid
Main scooter: Jet 200

What happened to Stickies barrel? Did the plating come off in the same place?
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

servetakid wrote:What happened to Stickies barrel? Did the plating come off in the same place?
the full story never got told on that
C’est la vie
Architecten
Main scooter: Allwyn Pushpak GP125 (RT200)

It'll all be in the book...!
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

servetakid wrote:What happened to Stickies barrel? Did the plating come off in the same place?
No, Sticky's came off above the exhaust port, which was exactly where I damaged my plating when I seized it whilst trying to resolve fuel starvation issues (my fault, rather than a fault of the kit).

Adam
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information