TSR EVO S2 fitment.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Hughieboy
Main scooter: Lambretta Li S2 GT186

Hello All,

Has anyone fitted a TSR EVO pipe on their Series 2?

I've just put one on mine and tried it out (massive improvement over my last pipe) but despite being given two crankcase brackets, one for Series 1/2 and one for everything else I can't see how I'm going to get away without cutting the rear footboard. I spoke to TSR and they said it should fit straight on with no cutting required but I'm buggered if I can see how whichever bracket I use.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Starting to think I'm going mad! :o

Cheers.
golf19gt
Main scooter: lambretta ts1 230

i had to cut my rear board
Hughieboy

Ah.... Thought as much. Did you use the S2 or S3 bracket, I couldn't see much difference to speak of?
tSR-VN
Dealer

you do have to trim the floor boards on the Series 2 frame... you dont have to on a Series 3 / GP
Hughieboy

Thanks for clearing that up... I phoned the other day and the fella I spoke to thought it wouldn't be necessary. On a S2 with an S3 engine, which bracket works best? Apologies if that's a numpty question but It wasn't obvious to me although they are slightly different. Great performing pipe by the way!
tSR-VN
Dealer

Hughieboy wrote:Thanks for clearing that up... I phoned the other day and the fella I spoke to thought it wouldn't be necessary. On a S2 with an S3 engine, which bracket works best? Apologies if that's a numpty question but It wasn't obvious to me although they are slightly different. Great performing pipe by the way!
It really depends on your bike - thats why we include the 2 brackets instead of the one like on most pipes. We found that there is a lot of diversity out there in terms of frames and engines and cylinder stubs and such that the safest thing to do was to include an extra bracket with a slightly different offset so the pipe will fit to pretty much any lammy
Hughieboy

tSR-VN wrote:
Hughieboy wrote:Thanks for clearing that up... I phoned the other day and the fella I spoke to thought it wouldn't be necessary. On a S2 with an S3 engine, which bracket works best? Apologies if that's a numpty question but It wasn't obvious to me although they are slightly different. Great performing pipe by the way!
It really depends on your bike - thats why we include the 2 brackets instead of the one like on most pipes. We found that there is a lot of diversity out there in terms of frames and engines and cylinder stubs and such that the safest thing to do was to include an extra bracket with a slightly different offset so the pipe will fit to pretty much any lammy

I see.... I have the S3 one on at the mo but I'll have a play around. Cheers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information